S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had a couple of GSA’s, the later bikes are really good and I found them fun to ride, Id go for one of them. Buzzing bars will be a big issue after a couple of hours on the XR..

Phew - 1 in 3 is bad but better than all.
Will probably wipe out their profits to fix it.

Guess this is as bad as the gearboxes on the R1's etc.

When's the Gen 5 out?

Last edited:
So what happens with yours noxx ? ..
Mine is one of the bikes that were produced in that 3-week time frame, but my dealer does not yet know if it was milled by that effed milling machine. It it was, then I'll get a new engine and continue to ride it until then but take it slow and if it wasn't, then I am happy :)

Bit of a nightmare...even if you get the all clear will your mind be at rest !... no too sure that wouldn't bug the shit out of me

I?d take one just now that needed a recall but I?m an impatient f****r[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they say what's the worst that can happen to the engine that was milled on a defected machine?

That stuff is lethal, my mates and I came across some they had just put down and only put out one sign at the the actual starting point mid bend. Ended out being airlifted to hospital. Horrible Stuff.

Here in Surrey, they don't actually repair the damaged roads, they road dress i.e spray/chip loads of perfectly good roads just to meet their 'repaired miles' target. Drives us nuts!

https://www.motorradonline.de/supersportler/bmw-s-1000-rr-produktionsstart-probleme/
Here you have it. BMW has finally released a press statement in German. It basically says one of three identical milling machines had a defect. Oil channels aren't deep enough and it restricts oil flow. So basically every one in three is effed and will receive a brand new engine.

I can't see it taking BMW too long to make 340 extra engines(apart from supply issues,of course)a couple of weeks time and things will be back to normal-we'll still be waiting for a bike.

I can't see it taking BMW too long to make 340 extra engines(apart from supply issues,of course)a couple of weeks time and things will be back to normal-we'll still be waiting for a bike.
It’s not even 340 that will need a new engine. 340 was the total volume produced by all three milling machines over a period of 3 weeks. So they will only have to build, deliver and install 113 or so.

I'm still kind of happy and hoping this production issue is the reason for the SBK and TT problems as it would be good to know the engine is capable of being tuned up safety and there's a decent safety zone for normal thrashing. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact we would have to wait until a next generation model before that would be the case so I'd prefer it to be this way.
BMW press statement says that they can 'certainly rule out' a connection between the SBK/TT blown engines and the current issue. :(

It’s not even 340 that will need a new engine. 340 was the total volume produced by all three milling machines over a period of 3 weeks. So they will only have to build, deliver and install 113 or so.

Google translate says different; 340 in total of which 113 are IN Germany (it's a German publication after all).

"only "a certain batch" is affected, concretely 340 motorcycles, of which 113 are intended for the German market."

Google translate says different; 340 in total of which 113 are IN Germany (it's a German publication after all).

"only "a certain batch" is affected, concretely 340 motorcycles, of which 113 are intended for the German market."
340 bikes are affected by that 3-week timeframe, but that doesn?t mean 340 bikes were manufactured by that one messed up milling machine. Only 1/3 of 340 were manufactured by the defected one. If you translate the whole article you will read the same. The first paragraph is confusing though I agree.

This is the relevant bit:
[FONT=&quot]Wir schauen jetzt alle 340 in der Zeit produzierten S 1000 RR an. Bei denjenigen, die mithilfe jener Maschine gefertigt wurden, wechseln wir sicherheitshalber den Motor?[/FONT]

Last edited:
Just ran the article through Google translator; translation is fairly shite to be honest ��

Just got an email from BMW UK basically saying nothing [emoji23]
Said they can?t confirm the delays and won?t give me an indication of the order delivery date and that I should speak to my dealer.

Just got an email from BMW UK basically saying nothing [emoji23]
Said they can’t confirm the delays and won’t give me an indication of the order delivery date and that I should speak to my dealer.

And your dealer will tell you its the wheels causing the delays lol

Latest posts

Back