S1000rr engine cutting out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shane159

Hi guys, I'm having some issues with my bike, when you first go out from cold it rides ok, when it gets to temp the engine cuts out and throws the ecu light on the dash, once the bike stops turn the ignition off leave for two mins and then the ecu light goes and the bike starts and drives for about half a mile before it does the same again. This is typical as I only just took BMW warranty out yesterday but it doesn't start till next month, there was no faults till I took the warranty out lol.

Any ideas??? I know some people go on about the stand fault but from what I've read that doesn't throw up the ecu light???

No I ain't sure about that one , I suppose you'll have to wait for the warranty to kick in
Why th delayed start date ?

Find an independent bike shop with a code reader, they could point you in the right direction and maybe sort it if its a quick fix, if not wouldn't tell BMW till your warranty starts

Find an independent bike shop with a code reader, they could point you in the right direction and maybe sort it if its a quick fix, if not wouldn't tell BMW till your warranty starts

Think that sounds like the best idea mate, thanks for the reply.

try hilltop motorcycles at earl shilton i know its some distance away but he has the software to go into the ecu, he does remaps but can also read all the sensors and alter things to your spec.

Funny you mentioned them my brother was there last week having his mapped, I'm off on holiday next week so my plan was to also pay them a visit when I get back.

Back