S1000RR Cuts out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu

Reaction score
I put my S1000RR back to standard after removing the full akro system and PCV. Now the bike will idle for 2/3 mins or as little as 20/30 seconds, it will then cut out. I can start it straight away and it will do the same. The ECU has been reset and i have changed both lamba sensors.
Any help would really be appreciated

Hey Stu,

Can you give me some more data?
When it cuts does the dash board stay on? Electrics etc?
Does the engine check light some on?

Where DID the PCV tap into the system?

Yes the dash stays on and the PCV was connected in the usual manner through the connections and no engine light comes on

Yeah, I don't know where (which wires/sensors) the PCV is hooked in, or how.

Any wires cut for the install?

Basically you can pretty much guarantee in removing the exhaust and PCV you've done something wrong or caused a reaction.
I'd review every component they touched. Including O2 Sensors, IMO it sounds like it dies when it goes to open loop from closed loop on warm up. Which is when the O2 sensor is used.

Yeah, I don't know where (which wires/sensors) the PCV is hooked in, or how.

Any wires cut for the install?

Basically you can pretty much guarantee in removing the exhaust and PCV you've done something wrong or caused a reaction.
I'd review every component they touched. Including O2 Sensors, IMO it sounds like it dies when it goes to open loop from closed loop on warm up. Which is when the O2 sensor is used.

The O2 sensors have been replaced and the problem remains. No wires were cut anywhere

No, it was done by a guy who had a ECU reset machine?? Have tried to book it in with BMW, but all booked for at least 3 to 4 weeks!!

No, it was done by a guy who had a ECU reset machine?? Have tried to book it in with BMW, but all booked for at least 3 to 4 weeks!!

I am wondering if the reset has not gone correctly and that's the problem rather than hardware. I think you could do with getting it plugged into a diag unit (gs911) to read any fault codes.

I'm trying to find a BMW garage who can fit me in. Might have to travel

Latest posts

Back