S1000rr bought today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/OWgHEZYNMYw

Ignore the smudge on the dash, bike was in for its service and somehow the tech got a big **** off smudge mark on the dash.

A bit fucked off with them, if it wasn?t for this keeping the warranty and all that jazz I?d be doing it all myself, I don?t trust anyone these days their standards just aren?t good enough.

Also,I've been out today for an hour and everything was good.jist been riding in road but did try dynamic out...all.good although when I push the menu up I sometimes have to push twice for it to respond...it should be first time every time in my opinion

Yeah I agree, I don?t ever recall mine needing pushed twice, so long as you?re pressing it properly first time then it should respond.

That?ll be it, I left for work a few weeks back when it was wet and stuck it in race pro 3 which is my wet set up and my initial thought as I went up the hill at my street was ?there?s something wrong with the bike? then it clicked, it?s the throttle response that you get from being in rain plus if you?ve been riding in other modes then use that it seems strange at first.

I?ll get that video later. I?m heading for the bikes annual service so will grab it just as I?m about to leave. I?ll post it after I?m back.

Anyone rung it's neck in rain mode (in the dry) was actually quite surprising lol

Get my bike back tomorrow,bmw have altered the harness and updated the dash..th 23 plate msport was cool but a little high for my small legs...love my red one more lol

Get my bike back tomorrow,bmw have altered the harness and updated the dash..th 23 plate msport was cool but a little high for my small legs...love my red one more lol

Same here. Sat on the M Sport in jeans and it was still way too high. Ended up with the "Red one" and bought the (very expensive) LOW M seat but it's still a bit high. Still on tip toes. God only knows why they made the bike so tall, my old gixer was perfect. Thinking about getting the OEM seat altered.

I'm OK on my sport.immpreyy.sure.salesman mentioned at some point the m was 40mm higher...

Ordered the tst industries tailtidy and lights..I'll probably order the carbon akrapovic back box once I've built.up some funds...I hope she'd In a good mood the way I'm spending lately lol

Ordered the tst industries tailtidy and lights..I'll probably order the carbon akrapovic back box once I've built.up some funds...I hope she'd In a good mood the way I'm spending lately lol

Ha! Know what you mean. Just waiting on my Leiker slip on arriving next week. It's booked in for 1st service 19th May (hate running bikes in). Got the rad / oil cooler guards to fit as well and that's about it for now.

Bought mine with 404miles and was serviced before.pick up..somebody else has done the run in and paid the premium..I'll just do the enjoy bit.. ha

Harness corrected and software updated..nearly all.good...I've noticed that even I swith off engine,twice I've heard a strange squeal followed bt a loud ish clunk...any ideas or is it back to bmw lol

The clunk would.be the exhaust valve closing I guess...is this normal ??

So the valve closes with a slight squeal and the final snap closed is with a clunk

More than likely, just relax and enjoy the bike.

you usually get the same kind of noise on start up or ignition on as the exhaust servo motor performs a diagnostic, it usually cycles through a full range of motion before settling in the position for below 5-6k rpm.

I've been enjoying it everyday I've had it,if only for a few hours.. had it 8 days,3 back at bmw..gone from 404 to 720 miles just riding local...out with friends tomorrow for the day

... and if the f***** has a tracker don't leave it off a trickle charger for more than a few days. I unplugged mine 8 days ago and it's flat....
Seems I do have a tracker,it's datatool but I'm not subscribed...yet.

Latest posts

Back