S1000rr bought today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated your current free membership (something a moderator has to do manually).

Picker her up today and all I can say is wow,what a machine...I absolutely love it..

I can't believe the difference in one bike to the next..it so smooth,the gear changes are seamless making it sound beautiful,then there's the out and out torque,6th gear at 70mph,twist the throttle and goodbye...I'm very happy if you hadn't noticed lol..I'm praying for a little.sun this weekend even if its forecast rain rain and more rain

Couple of issues already...possibly..dash went blanc twice that I noticed but only for a few seconds then back to screen it was on....secondly it just seems a little leggy in response sometimes,the dash that is an not sure ifnits normal but on tickover I noticed the revs hunt slightly...is this normal ??? Got warranty so not worried but hoping someone hear has much more knowledge than me and can offer a suggestion

Where was the bike purchased? Warranty?

As for revs hunting it?s perfectly normal if it?s within a certain amount, how bad is it? If you think about it you have sensors that transfer information to the ECU so there will always be small tolerances, I?ll take a video of mine idling tomorrow so you can compare.

Which mode were you in when the response seemed slow. And what lean angle?

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

That?ll be it, I left for work a few weeks back when it was wet and stuck it in race pro 3 which is my wet set up and my initial thought as I went up the hill at my street was ?there?s something wrong with the bike? then it clicked, it?s the throttle response that you get from being in rain plus if you?ve been riding in other modes then use that it seems strange at first.

I?ll get that video later. I?m heading for the bikes annual service so will grab it just as I?m about to leave. I?ll post it after I?m back.

Not the bike feeling sluggish,the dash response when pushing up on the menu button...bike was bought approved used bmw so it's got 2 years warranty..I'll get them to check it over completely for peace of mind

Couple of issues already...possibly..dash went blanc twice that I noticed but only for a few seconds then back to screen it was on....secondly it just seems a little leggy in response sometimes,the dash that is an not sure ifnits normal but on tickover I noticed the revs hunt slightly...is this normal ??? Got warranty so not worried but hoping someone hear has much more knowledge than me and can offer a suggestion

Hi,

If it's only got 400 odd miles on it, is it not run in yet? Has it had it's first service? If not then maybe the screen thing is the rev limiter kicking in. Mine did it the other day when I hit 7K revs.

Rob

Bike had first service before I picked up from.bmw motorad sunderland...they can do first service anytime after 350 apparently

I'm hoping it's just a loose wire or poor connection somewhere..when it went black the bike rode perfectly normal..I'm 100% confident this will be fixed or replaced,I was wondering if anyone else had seen this and what it was...if yours has done hitting the rev limit before first service it could very well be something along thise lines...even though it'd been serviced..we will see

Hopefully it's something or nothing. Mine's normal, dash goes blank and shows white box for a second when it hits the limiter. They'll remove the limiter after first service and open up the extra riding modes.

It's booked in for Wednesday,they've even offered to pick bike up and save me the bother..

Ah I see. Is it sluggish at any point when you?re trying to navigate through the dash settings?

I?m sure they will sort it.

Latest posts

Back