S1000RR 2020 - Tracktoy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was following you few times then. you were too brave overtaking people in wet. It was my first proper day on wets, so I was gentle in the begining.

I got blackflagged for noise today, Akra + baffle. Just re-tested and they are ok with level. Speeds are higher today, have to watch out for that microphone now...

Spa is one reason I bought a secondary long can from PowerTech, to survive their restrictions. Still not made it to Spa #fail

Spa is one reason I bought a secondary long can from PowerTech, to survive their restrictions. Still not made it to Spa #fail

Just chatted to German who rent out track version of Gen4 with MRCK. They all got blackflagged on same setup. Now everyone just drives gently around microphone area.

Looks like Akra + baffle will be pain... Mine measured 105.9 db when engine was 100C. Re-measured it at 74C and it shows 103.

I was following you few times then. you were too brave overtaking people in wet. It was my first proper day on wets, so I was gentle in the begining.

I got blackflagged for noise today, Akra + baffle. Just re-tested and they are ok with level. Speeds are higher today, have to watch out for that microphone now...

Let's meet up next time you're at Spa! I'm there 10th of August ;-)
Also first wet outing with the new one but felt quite good.
Actually brought my CB500 on wets intending to use this one when it rains but couldn't resist taking the S1000RR

Noise seems to be an issue indeed, I'm going to order a Maxtreme can to be on the safe side.
Also starting to get the hang of the Motec Analysis software. Know my way arround AIM stuff pretty good, but Motec hides everything somewhere else :)
Some data:
-> best rolling lap: 2:58.499
-> max lean angle in the wet: 50.8?
-> top speed GPS: 266,3 km/h

Just chatted to German who rent out track version of Gen4 with MRCK. They all got blackflagged on same setup. Now everyone just drives gently around microphone area.

Looks like Akra + baffle will be pain... Mine measured 105.9 db when engine was 100C. Re-measured it at 74C and it shows 103.

Never had an issue with my 2013 S1000RR, seems the new one is louder ...

Let's meet up next time you're at Spa! I'm there 10th of August ;-)
Also first wet outing with the new one but felt quite good.
Actually brought my CB500 on wets intending to use this one when it rains but couldn't resist taking the S1000RR

Noise seems to be an issue indeed, I'm going to order a Maxtreme can to be on the safe side.
Also starting to get the hang of the Motec Analysis software. Know my way arround AIM stuff pretty good, but Motec hides everything somewhere else :)
Some data:
-> best rolling lap: 2:58.499
-> max lean angle in the wet: 50.8?
-> top speed GPS: 266,3 km/h

Would be good to meet yes. I have no plans for Spa yet and 1 day journey from the UK is a bit too much.

I'm clocking 270.5 v_ref on straight after Eau Rouge today.

Managed to do 2:42.154 today. Would be 2:40 if stayed one more day for sure.

I like Spa, it's long but not dead boring as Silverstone, and super fluid.

Do those sound restrictions exist when they have F1 test and races...maybe you should ask. I really do not get it. You go in a RACEtrack and have noise restrictions. On the road I totally agree but in the RACEtrack WHYYYYY!

Do those sound restrictions exist when they have F1 test and races...maybe you should ask. I really do not get it. You go in a RACEtrack and have noise restrictions. On the road I totally agree but in the RACEtrack WHYYYYY!

+1 ... though unfortunately it?s because people choose to live close to race tracks, then proceed to complain to local councils about noise pollution.

Last edited:
+1 ... though unfortunately it?s because people choose to live close to race tracks, then proceed to complain to local councils about noise pollution.

Yes, they get cheaper property prices to begin with because of it, and then they decide to complain!!

Hi
Have you replaced the stock ECU? If so do you still have it and is it for sale?
Cheers

Nope, did not work but in logging the reception is fine. So in the analysis software I did a small offset of the marker and tadaa ... laps and track showing up in the soft.

Guess the markers by default in their setup are off, or the trackwidth setup in the dashconfig is setup too narrow.
I figured out what's wrong (with help of Peter from Alpha) it's start/finish coordinates.

You need to use these 50.443099 / 5.966036

If you amend venue details, Motec Dash also will show live timing.

I figured out what's wrong (with help of Peter from Alpha) it's start/finish coordinates.

You need to use these 50.443099 / 5.966036

If you amend venue details, Motec Dash also will show live timing.

Great! That will fix it :)

Hi
Have you replaced the stock ECU? If so do you still have it and is it for sale?
Cheers

Still have it, but only intend to sell it in combination with the original loom and dash

Ordered some extra goodies today :)
Set of OZ forged wheels, the original wheels will become the rain-set.
Alpha Chain Adjuster set

Latest posts

Back