S1000R - fugly or what?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, like a lot of women I know, the body looks great, but just look at the face on it! Mind you.
the new Z1000 seems to be just as ugly too - at this rate, I'm gonna be the best looking thing on the road :woot:

My wifes given me 2 children in under 3 years, so her face is the best part currently.

I like the new Z1000, looks nicer than S1000R. Always liked the Z's, great riding position.

I quite like this, price will be key.

I'd have chopped my S1000rr in for a 1290 SDR, but not at £14k new I won't.

DDC Dynmaic damping control is an option on the S1000R no word yet on 2014 S1000RR apart from new colour options

Dealer told me that semi active suspension would be on the 2014 rr. He then told a customer in the showroom (in July) to wait for the 2014 model and not buy till then. Probably old news now.

Not only do I disagree about the looks I also feel the mid range usability will make this a far superior road bike to the full on supersport. The more upright riding position will give the rider a better veiw of the road and opting for the dynamic suspension on the sport model will enhance its usability even further, look how much better the HP4 is than the standard bike. Going faster isn't about more power, its about using all of whats available and improving suspension and breaking and making power delivery as linear as possible all contribute hugely.

The 2014 hasn't got the active suspension, 2015 might.

Dealer told me yesterday it all depends if sales figures stay steady (of 2014 model) and the competition don't do it, then theres no need for BMW to either.

I saw the 2014rr at Almeria, they had about 6 of them on track, the red ones. Didn't look like they had active suspension.

The dealer I spoke to today felt that if the SS does not have the dynamic suspension then the naked bike with it may well steal sales from it.

Back