Rockingham 26th of May

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi xan21uk,
I have done Rockingham half a dozen times over the last for or five years as it's quite local to me.
There are two or three main circuit layouts, which one are you up for?

I prefer the longer of the layouts but it does not use the fast banked curve past the pits and grandstand. It's pretty twisty (Mickey Mouse) and I have heard a lot of criticism and comments like "I'm not coming back here", but It will improve fitness and technique whilst having fun if that is what you seek. Enjoy.

Family commitments for Bank holiday weekend so a no show from me.

Wishing you dry weather and a great day.
Stay safe

Thanks, its the international, and any track will meet my requirements of driving like a loon without getting arrested. The rest is just icing really.

You're welcome. Have a great time and let us know what you think if you feel like sharing afterwards.

Well,

Rockingham trackday complete. I really enjoyed it. It was the international circuit, and i enjoyed the change from Snetterton which is my local track. It definitely isn't set up for the Beemer but actually in terms of improving your riding ( which is why i do it) and having knee down fun it was a great day. Loads of sweeping bends and change of directions and a satisfying do or die chicane at the end of the main straight made for great fun. What really made my day though was noticing that my clutch cable had somehow become quite loose and after adjusting the tension my gear changes became like butter. I was starting to worry that i was another victim of the dreaded gearbox but actually yesterday it was good as gold. Have to agreee 100% with Hampy's comments if you are after a track that is all straights, requires little effort and makes you seem faster than you are cos the Beemer is so quick in a straight then this isn't for you, but i had a blast and was knackered at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back