Almeria Nov 17th 23

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was good track time.i think there were at most 80 bikes on 1 day. And 20 on the least. We were down to 2 groups for the last two days. First time I have ended up in the fast group on a Euro lol.

The Gen 5 is working well, no issues except the new Alpha QS (FSS). Calibrated on the sighting laps. I would find it would massively hesitate/cut when flat out going 4->5 or 5->6. Enough to get rear ended if anyone one was slip streaming. It would usually clear up over a session and then reappear on the next, my work around was to short shift the outlap...but I need to ask Alpha.

The 3 others with me, B'man included, were often talking about the front lifting on their bikes on the short pit straight. I was hard on the gas in 2nd 3rd and a touch of 4th and never had any sensation of lift/lightness. The wings work.

Great to meet @bricrewe who was effortlessly spinning mid 1:40's on his well prepped Gen4.

My own lapping culminated in a couple of 1:52.6's. One on lap 9 of day 1...peaked early.
Which are here should anyone be interested.
https://youtu.be/MQfeBMDkEuE?si=6dQ6iuRgnw8Y14qM

Body position remains the hold up to progress. Without seat time it remains challenging to resolve.

I managed to mire my own trip in the end, picked up a virus and had a fever/temp before I got to the airport. With the exhaustion of 5 days on track plus this it was all a little too much and I passed out in the queue to board the plane. I got food poisoning last year and missed my flight. I have no luck.
This time I got on the flight after my unscheduled reboot, medics passed me to go. Bananaman helped me get to my wife's car at the other end. Still not fully fixed up but much better once the fever broke.

I think I will go to Portugal instead, Almeria is cursed for me.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back