Racefit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Loupe yes it's a BM screen, in fact I'll let you into a little secret it's the standard one that my bro has lacquered over and when doing so dropped a bit of black into the lacquer to get the depth in colour.
Very cool. Thanks for the info :D

Loooks really good, I had one on my blade but took it off, will be interesting to hear how loud it is now if you can post a video.

MTe I like the one on MacRR's, would just like one like the short Akro from the old model.
Dean

Just been sussing out the options, think I've got this right, the can in the first pic I posted is a 'black edition' without baffles or end cap which you can get in carbon or titanium finishes, if you want to have a baffle you need to have the end cap from a 'growler' fitted. The 'growler' is a longer can with comes with an end cap as std which you can also get in carbon or titanium.

MacRR is there any chance you could post a vid of your running so it can be compared to Budgie. Had a racefit on my GSXR for years and would wake the dead but the cat was in the std can so might be quieter on the BM

Its not my bike mate, Budgie, any chance you can stick a vid up of your bike with the baffle in place so we can all have a listen. If its fairly quiet we'll all get Racefits and you can get that commission from them after all :cool:

Last edited:
You can get the growler in a shorter length if you want and can have them in either carbon or titanium, the guys at racefit will make what you want to order can wise. if you don't want it to loud then you have the longer can.

Just been sussing out the options, think I've got this right, the can in the first pic I posted is a 'black edition' without baffles or end cap which you can get in carbon or titanium finishes, if you want to have a baffle you need to have the end cap from a 'growler' fitted. The 'growler' is a longer can with comes with an end cap as std which you can also get in carbon or titanium.

Mac whereabouts in Lincolnshire are you from mate, I've got a lot of family out in North Somercotes and Grainthorpe. If your out and about on your bike I'll meet up somewhere and you can have a look before you buy.

I've had 4x Racefit growlers in the past. Always kept baffle in as it never made a great deal of difference to power (proven on dyno, if my memory serves me correct there was approx 1.5bhp difference), but just took the rasp off the noise to make it tolerable. Quite probably the best made exhaust available IMHO.

Bought the Titanium etched black edition for my 15' S1000RR. Can't honestly fault it. Pops and bangs quite nicely, but can still ride without earplugs all day long. Not sure what the db reading would be for a track day though. A pal of mine has just bought a 12 plate and has fitted my old Akra full system with a shorty can. Now that is loud; it sounds like a jet taking off when he comes past you! :)

Bought the Titanium etched black edition for my 15' S1000RR. Can't honestly fault it. Pops and bangs quite nicely, but can still ride without earplugs all day long. Not sure what the db reading would be for a track day though. A pal of mine has just bought a 12 plate and has fitted my old Akra full system with a shorty can. Now that is loud; it sounds like a jet taking off when he comes past you! :)
I'm looking at getting a titanium can for my 15' plate...do you have any pics of yours?
cheers

Back