Gilles or Bonamici Chain Adjusters?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam187

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Going to stick some new chain adjusters on the bike as the standard items are pain.

I'm looking at Gilles or Bonamici, both have a different take on the adjustment so wondered if anyones had first experience and pro & cons of both types.

Also, if anyones selling a set for a Gen3, I'd be interested.

Lightech are great also.
As you are on track mainly I would get an L74 quick release with underslung caliper and modified lightech included. Worth the £££'s in the long run.

what about lightec? (sp)

i personal find gilles stuff more bling than function, bonamici are very very well made stuff but pricey

Lightech and Bonamici use the same style of adjustment and I can get them at a similar price so I’d probably go with Bonamci.

Been offered a really good price on the Gilles but unsure on quality.

Lightech are great also.
As you are on track mainly I would get an L74 quick release with underslung caliper and modified lightech included. Worth the £££'s in the long run.

Friends got the L74 kit. Good bit of kit but way too much money for me. I pretty quick at doing a normal wheel change, the 5 min saving isn't worth the 1k spend.

I've had both Lightech and Gilles on previous bikes and would only buy Lightech again..........saying that, I haven't bothered with any for the Gen 3 and can't say it's been an issue.

I've seen a few break up to worry about changing, what actually is the problem when adjusting OE ?
Find the standard adjusters really fiddly and I can never get it right on the first attempt as the adjustment always moves when tightening the main nut.

Think the Lightech / Bonamici design will work best so I’ll order a set of Bonamici’s

Latest posts

Back