Quick shifter not working

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
My quick shifter has stopped working
Also I can only select modes while stationary and in neutral
Does it sound like the micro switch at the clutch lever ?

I'm no expert, but I recently had quickshifter (typing that word quickly has some humorous outcomes) issues almost solved by taking the slack out of the clutch cable. Your issue sounds more intelligence based than a slack cable, so you might be on the right path with the microswitch.

According to the BMW technicians, the slightest pressure on the lever could activate the microswitch making the bike assume that you're going to perform a manual gear change, so I'd just ensure the lever is settling back into place when released and the contacts on the switch are being activated as they should.

The QS issue I'd say yes to the microswitch.

The modes bit is not something I have heard of before, weird. So if you press the mode button whilst moving and/or in gear does the display change but when you pull in the clutch it reverts to the pre-existing mode?

Say I'm in race mode and I press the mode button and go into slick
It underlines it but stays in race mode
I have to stop and stick it in neutral and then put it into slick and then it will stay in it

I'm having the same when moving...QS has been recoded so that isn't an issue.
Might be my non-std lever.

- Sent from Mobile

I have to stop and stick it in neutral and then put it into slick and then it will stay in it

Get some switch cleaner and give the switch a good spray, if you have just changed levers put the old one back on to check, you have to move a little bit of plastic that triggers the switch from the oem lever to some after market levers as well.

Also make sure the switch is not bent up.

I was under the impression that slick mode can only be selected stationary anyway to stop people accidentally engaging it. Will check manual later

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There not new levers but I will check if there's a connection being made

Didn't realise you can't enter slick mode on the fly
But I was only using that as an example

My bike is in today getting a new starter motor fitted so I'll check it out when I get it back

From the manual:
Mode changes

A mode change involves functions in the engine management system, the ABS and the DTC and is possible only in certain operating states:
No drive torque at the rear wheel
No brake pressure in the brake system
In order to achieve this state, the motorcycle must be at a standstill with the ignition switched on,
or
the throttle twistgrip must be in the fully closed position, the brake levers must be in the released positions, the clutch lever must be pulled and the clutch disengaged.
The desired ride mode is initially preselected. The mode change does not take place until the systems in question are all in the appropriate state.
The selection menu does not disappear from the display until the mode change has taken place.

Riding Modes

You should be able to change riding modes when moving by selecting the mode that you want and then just closing the throttle and making sure that the brake levers are released.

Even slick?

Riding Modes

On the 2015/16 model you can change to any riding mode whilst moving.

Ah ok. Maybe i didnt read it and im mis informed.

Riding Modes

It certainly works on mine. I've often switched between SLICK and RAIN modes on track when the weather changes.

I missed read this bit. My mistake
8cf9659cdb89b2d8027f970c52bc92d1.jpg

Quick shifter and cruise control not working

I've got somewhat of a similar problem. I bought the HP levers for my 2015 S 1000 RR from my BMW dealer, after fitting them myself, and following the workshop manuals instructions on setting the lever the right distance from the bar end and listening for the micro switch click, and measuring the gap between the clutch lever and handle bar fitting, I still end up with no quick shifter and cruise control. I think that maybe the micro switch isn't dis-engaging on the second tab, thus I don't hear the second click. Any suggestions perhaps, as my brain is mush, thinking of any thing else that might be the problem.
AF1QipON5iueIFJlFxppwSKVglxt1qN1N7YxKJO-fhQo
AF1QipNY6ZwXQwsdSHaMAlLUazTI2EAs8F6GdQhLJlaR

Microswitch

It will definitely be the microswitch that is causing the issue with the quickshifter and cruise control.

I'm having intermittent issues with my quickshifter working and then not. Clutch switch seems fine, chain tension is fine. It seems to work fine when bike is cold and then just whenever it fancies once warmed up but i guess this is coincidence as i cant see anything causing issues once warmed up? Bike has HP levers but always has. I have fitted a new chain and sprockets, but all is ok with them. Anyone came across an issue before that hasn't been the clutch switch?

Has it been happening since you changed sprockets or has it started some time afterwards?

Back