Problems with cruise

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maz

Reaction score
Can or has any one had problems with their cruise. I have a 17 plate s1000rr sport and on 3 occasions the cruise has briefly engaged as I have throttled off . I didn't have my bike in cruise at that point, I was just engine braking and the cruise kicked in to maintain my speed then clicked off, the cruise light comes on when this happens. I am now riding with the cruise off to see if this solves the problem. Any ideas

It's usually glove related for me...
I.E. I have activated it by catching it with a glove.

First time I thought I had so didn't think much of it but happened twice last night and I ride with my hands towards to outer edge of bars rather than inner so just that bit further away from the controls.

I would lock the CC off and see if anything happens, if it doesn't we can rule out technical gremlin further afield from the switch gear.

I have to say I'd prefer a thumb operated CC system that's a bit more of a reach...but then I seem to have enough issues using the indicators - stubby thumbs clearly.

yeah think that's what I'm gonna do just turn it off altogether when I'm not using it. ThNks for all your replies

I have found that sometimes the main beam switches itself on of its own accord, but only when I'm wearing 'clumsy' winter gloves. Must be the cold weather.

I spent a couple of days on the motorway last week with cruise control, great feature which (along with heated grips) totally transformed a long schlep.
The cruise control doesn't switch off if you accelerate to do an overtake for example and then throttle off. The speed will fall back to the last setting.
If it comes back on after you've engaged the clutch/brake and you're 100% sure you haven't flicked the switch by accident, lock it off and get it fixed as that sounds proper dangerous.

Latest posts

Back