Possible new member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weesonha

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum and looking for some pointers. does a thread already exist for things to look out for when buying a used s10000rr? I reckon a 2011 model is the way I'll go. Viewed one today with only 2600 miles, going back for a test ride during the week.

I currently own a 600ninja and want to join your club :) oh and I'm from Ayrshire Scotland btw. Cheers in advance.

Hi. The main issues are switchgear failing and sump corrosion. Switch gear is a free fix with BMW, sump depends on dealer it seems. Other than the bike being spotless with that kind of mileage, I would check it has had all recalls and service intervals done correctly. Full bmwsh is best for piece of mind. I'd also query the mileage being so low, in my experience very low miles often means it has been used as a track bike, not a deal breaker if it has been properly looked after and is straight.

Hi. The main issues are switchgear failing and sump corrosion. Switch gear is a free fix with BMW, sump depends on dealer it seems. Other than the bike being spotless with that kind of mileage, I would check it has had all recalls and service intervals done correctly. Full bmwsh is best for piece of mind. I'd also query the mileage being so low, in my experience very low miles often means it has been used as a track bike, not a deal breaker if it has been properly looked after and is straight.
Thanks for you help mate. Are there many items recalled for a 2011 model? I'm sorry if this is all covered in a thread somewhere.

The only recall I can think of was for a possible fuel leak.
2012's had a recall for sidestand bolts.

Just check with the dealer.

Back