PC5 or ECU FLASH

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickruss1

Reaction score
As the title says guys just looking for some of you guys thoughts I've got the pc5 sitting but some of my friends have been talking about getting the ecu flashed so would just like some info and what you's think is best and If anyone have had both and what's best thx

Search is your friend, been a fair bit posted before.

I've had both and reflash all the way.

I liked the pc as you can switch maps depending on what you was doing, not sure what you can do with thevreflash?

Does anyone no a gd place get get the bike flashed in Scotland as I don't fancy going all the way to hilltop as close to Glasgow as possible thx

Hilltop is the way to go (I drove down from Falkirk and back in a day), Geoff knows his stuff.It's not just about the power delivery, he also sorts out Traction Control, Anti Wheelie and the throttle maps. He reduces the power restrictions in the 1st 3 gears.
You cant do all that with a PCV

bren tuning may be worth a look too, heard good things about track electronics but unfortunately they don't do bmw!

Thx for the info niven770 will try talk my friend into coming with me and letting me use his van 👍👍

It's something I've never thought about before but has made interesting reading. If the company fits it and a problem occurs with the bike is the BMW warranty void? I'm assuming so, but would the supplier then cover any issues?
When you talk about throttle control, could the re flash be mapped to work like a QAT?
I find that opening to the throttle stop is uncomfortable and awkward for me and I adjust my grip which then makes it awkward when coming off the throttle.

Hilltop is the way to go (I drove down from Falkirk and back in a day), Geoff knows his stuff.It's not just about the power delivery, he also sorts out Traction Control, Anti Wheelie and the throttle maps. He reduces the power restrictions in the 1st 3 gears.
You cant do all that with a PCV

+1. Custom built exhaust, stock headers/Akro on my 2010 - fantastic improvement but DTC tweak is the mutts nuts. Bike up for grabs if anyone interested look on eBay.

It's something I've never thought about before but has made interesting reading. If the company fits it and a problem occurs with the bike is the BMW warranty void? I'm assuming so, but would the supplier then cover any issues?
When you talk about throttle control, could the re flash be mapped to work like a QAT?
I find that opening to the throttle stop is uncomfortable and awkward for me and I adjust my grip which then makes it awkward when coming off the throttle.

Put a QAT on it

Thanks Nivan, do you have one on your bike? I seem to roll the throttle on very smoothly and think I'd benefit from trying one.

I don't think you can put a quick action throttle on a 2015 because it's fly by wire(which presumably means it's some sort of rheostat?).
Hopefully I'm wrong and someone does one-then I can have one!

I had mine flashed at Hilltop and I could not be happier, definitely worth the trip to see Geoff.

No downside whatsoever.
what % performance gains are you guys getting on the 2015 and where does it feel most noticeable when riding? Also, how does this affect BMW warranty and insurance? I'm guessing both would be void in the event of any issues?? :nonchalance:

Quick Action Throttle

I don't think you can put a quick action throttle on a 2015 because it's fly by wire(which presumably means it's some sort of rheostat?).
Hopefully I'm wrong and someone does one-then I can have one!

I'm yet to find a quick action throttle for the 2015 S1000RR and alpha Racing don't have them listed either.

Latest posts

Back