Oulton NL 11th+18th sept.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Reaction score
forgot how much fun oulton is,boked these 2 days also as cant get away from work in August.

I might do the Sept dates - I was going to do the Aug 20th date but although I'm getting quicker around Oulton, I don't fancy being in with a good chunk of the BSB paddock..............:eek-new:

wel if you book on,and i can help in anyway,give me a shout

nothing wrong with your lines which are pretty much spot on,couple of little tweaks on the power+brakes would get you under a 50 relatively easy i reckon

What sort of time should I shoot for to be in fast, sub 2min? (I'm going in inters for my first visit in Aug)

PS bought the Spike Edwards video

- Alex

Last edited:
nothing wrong with your lines which are pretty much spot on,couple of little tweaks on the power+brakes would get you under a 50 relatively easy i reckon

I can see I'm changing up early in places and also backing off / short shifting over Hilltop, the top off Clay Hill and over the raises under the bridge. It's a bit different from my 750 which although it lifted the front in those places, was a lot less powerful and easier to manage. There's also a bit of coasting into Island. I can do constant 54s/55s laps which means I'm not getting swamped by the quicker guys and is ok for most fast groups.

At the moment I'm still running the standard DDC suspension - I'm using my road bike with nothing more than a change of tyres - and it works better than I expected.

haha,yea thats basically where you'd make up your time,but good going already

What sort of time should I shoot for to be in fast, sub 2min? (I'm going in inters for my first visit in Aug)

PS bought the Spike Edwards video

- Alex

obviously depends on day,but yea sub 2 min shouild do it,some days needs to be closer to a .55

a 2 minute lap gives about a 15second difference to the quickest riders (again,depends who's there),but majority are around 1.50-55

obviously depends on day,but yea sub 2 min shouild do it,some days needs to be closer to a .55

a 2 minute lap gives about a 15second difference to the quickest riders (again,depends who's there),but majority are around 1.50-55

I was going to say something similar - I've found it more "comfortable" in fast once I could run 54/55/56's. Oulton does seem to almost always have a fast "fast" group if that makes sense?

I was going to say something similar - I've found it more "comfortable" in fast once I could run 54/55/56's. Oulton does seem to almost always have a fast "fast" group if that makes sense?

Yeah it does, I doubt I'll crack 2m first time...hence inters is correct as I tend to be predictable in line but not ultimately fast.

Last edited:
thats a the important bit Alex,as long as your lines are good,then actuall lap time doesn't make a huge difference (within reason obv.) as the faster riders will find a way past quickly+safely as long as they have confidence in you knowning the right line,theres nothing worse than trying to pass a rider thats all over the track.

just have a good go through spikes CD and it'll make life a lot easier round there,i've had a few days with him around oulton before,brought me on a lot in my riding round there.

Down to 1m 50.9 today with a load of 52's as well - getting there.

Do you have a datalog?
Would love to see where I lose 10 seconds!

I assume 3 are round shell oils as I am not used to the banking!

- Alex

Do you have a datalog?
Would love to see where I lose 10 seconds!

I assume 3 are round shell oils as I am not used to the banking!

- Alex

No - just a GPS trigger for the OE dash and Racechrono on my phone. An Aim Solo is on my list of "wants".

Back