Oulton NL 11th+18th sept.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down to 1m 50.9 today with a load of 52's as well - getting there.

getting there then,you there in september at all?
any vids,be goood to have a look and see where you've made the time up.traffic is a big thing there aswell,get someone on the wrong corner at the wrong time wipes any chance of a decent lap time

getting there then,you there in september at all?
any vids,be goood to have a look and see where you've made the time up.traffic is a big thing there aswell,get someone on the wrong corner at the wrong time wipes any chance of a decent lap time

Didn't bother with the camera this time.

Not sure yet re Sept although I'd like to do at least another day there this year.

I was just being less of baby in the places I mentioned before -I used the back brake to keep the front down over Hilltop instead of short shifting and tried to keep it pinned down the back straight and just accept its going come up. I was also coasting less into Island although I still need to be more positive at the top of Clay Hill. It was the regular 52/53's that pleased me the most as before it was 54/55/56's.

It needs an aftermarket steering damper as the damping goes away quite quickly. It's also all over the place coming onto the pit straight. I said that I wasn't going to go down the aftermarket cartridges / shock route but I'm weakening..............................

island bend can be tricky due to the little rise (especially if your brave and still on full gas),then braking,upsets the front end quite a lot,i'm not brave enough to keep it pinned over the bump,but dont brake hard there now,just trail it into the corner,theres not a lot in it speed/time wise looking at the data,but makes for a good passing place as most brake before going into island and just let the bike run in so can get up the inside of them easy enough.

island bend can be tricky due to the little rise (especially if your brave and still on full gas),then braking,upsets the front end quite a lot,i'm not brave enough to keep it pinned over the bump,but dont brake hard there now,just trail it into the corner,theres not a lot in it speed/time wise looking at the data,but makes for a good passing place as most brake before going into island and just let the bike run in so can get up the inside of them easy enough.

You called.....................:)

Are you holding 4th round island then banging down to 2nd for Shell?

I was over braking at first. But I probably then ended up coasting too much...

- Alex

Are you holding 4th round island then banging down to 2nd for Shell?

I was over braking at first. But I probably then ended up coasting too much...

- Alex

I am although that's with 16/45 - going to try 16/44 next time and possibly use third.

I was going up to 5th and dropping one gear for Island - getting up up to a GPS 141/2/3 on the run up to it. Not sure how that compares to your data?

I am although that's with 16/45 - going to try 16/44 next time and possibly use third.

I am 16/43. With that I could rag it to the red line in 3rd down the straight and then drop it into island but then the engine braking was too much...so 4th seemed better and calmer...it also seemed faster, clicking 4th before the yumps it seemed to gain more speed than ragging 3rd. need to check the data on that one.

i'm into 5th going up to island usually low 140's GPS speed,then down to 3rd (engine brake helps to pull the bike down a bit instead of brakes),then hard gas out of island.you can get a good drive out of island in 3rd and it's suprisingly wide so can go out to the far right,then hard late brakes,into 2nd,pulling to the left,but again,it's 1 of the best places to go under people if you drive hard enough out of island,and due to the banking,can brake very late+deep.

oh and i'm 16/43,but running Nova gearbox+SBK engine so slightly different ratio's,stock engine is actually better for oulton though(for me at least) as it has a bit more mid range,where you want it for a track like there

Checked the data, I managed a GPS 132mph on my fastest lap down there in 4th / 12000rpm. Managed 136mph in 3rd, hitting the limiter on another lap.

Last edited:
depends on how well you get out of cascades aswell,it's my worst corner on the circuit (cascades)

you absolutley nailed dentons into cascades,not lot of people are still on the gas tipping into dentons (turn2).lot smoother than the last video,still time to come,but gets harder now ;)

you absolutley nailed dentons into cascades,not lot of people are still on the gas tipping into dentons (turn2).lot smoother than the last video,still time to come,but gets harder now ;)

Oh I know that.....I lost a bit at the top of Clay Hill passing that guy and still have a few things to work on. I ran 16/44 rather than 16/45 which helped with keeping the front end down but made it harder to turn.

Looking at the GPS it was 129 before braking for Cascades.....I really wouldn't want to hit a false neutral going back to third there..............

Back