Oil leak following 3rd Service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS463

Reaction score
I put my 2012 62 plate bike in for its 3rd service at 19500 miles.

Engine strip down etc and ?915 later get it back, 2 days later notice an oil leak so back in it goes. It never leaked any oil before it went in and its now coming from the rocker cover.

Get it back again and noticed an oil on jeans and after MOT was told again leaking from rocker cover.

Garage now want to charge me for repair even though when the bike first went into them it was perfect.

Any thoughts???

I think you're within your rights to demand they rectify what they have caused without incurring additional costs.
You've paid them to do a simple service, they've failed to do it.

Involve BMW UK if they don't relent.

Had thought like that and about that, I have an extended warranty but it doesn't cover the rocker cover?

Had thought like that and about that, I have an extended warranty but it doesn't cover the rocker cover?

I'd be inclined to ask them who should service the bike in future as you thought you were taking it to the professionals for the best care it could get. If you'd wanted it f*d up you could have done that yourself.
This is not a warranty issue. It's bad workmanship up until they can prove something has gone entirely independently of the service which isn't covered by the warranty. Ergo they have to prove that the fault was totally coincidental, despite occurring from precisely the moment they cracked the seal open.

I would say I hope you've not added many/any miles on, in the mean time as that always weakens the evidence.

I would say I hope you've not added many/any miles on, in the mean time as that always weakens the evidence.

Probably done a 500 to 600 miles as i had to wait 3 weeks to book it in for a loan bike, have the email trail requesting it to be booked in with the delay.

They have had it for a week so far, stuck on a NineT so not best pleased as crap for filtering in London rush hour traffic

When i first started reading this i thought it was an independent dealer that you had complete the service, but if its a BMW dealer surely they will sort this as they have name and reputation to uphold. Good luck...

Latest posts

Back