Oban bound

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Fed up..weathers shite..old firm match not going my way...hungover... my mouths all set for shellfish.. so car to Oban it is

Don't want to upset you Stu but its been sunny all day down here, had a day trip out on the bike with the Mrs to Olivers Mount to watch the road racing, those lads are bloody impressive..

I did a 150 miler today. Went up to Devils bridge to meet up with Iain but just missed him. Then did the Yorkshire TT across east and then home. The only downer was all the salt on the roads but a good wash of the bike sorted that one out. Lots of bikes out :), and a fair few camera vans :(. Think I was ok, thanks to a 1200RT who flashed me just in time :).

Don't want to upset you Stu but its been sunny all day down here, had a day trip out on the bike with the Mrs to Olivers Mount to watch the road racing, those lads are bloody impressive..

Sounds the business Mac... heres my day.. Im mega impatient.. you can imagine my frustration the third shot is just North of the Drovers pub heading to Crianlarich one of my favourite sections.. its a brilliant uphill section 80 to 120mph then a huge straight with a big right hander at the bottom

ForumRunner_20160417_183035.jpg

ForumRunner_20160417_183112.jpg

ForumRunner_20160417_182702.jpg

This first and second shots are at the start of the Dalmally twisties.. tell you what even in the wet if you know the road a 7 seat shogun is great fun...cleared them in jig time using both sides of the road then caught up with some traffic...

On thru Connel

ForumRunner_20160417_183304.jpg

Mission accomplished

ForumRunner_20160417_183353.jpg

ForumRunner_20160417_183404.jpg

ForumRunner_20160417_183421.jpg

Andy with the Blue anorak on ALMOST convinced me to buy that huge lobbie... 60 quid... id had 8 oysters a half lobster and some prawns by then... and couldnt face it... mine for 45... bargain or what...
All in all a frustrating but rewarding day in equal measures...

Last edited:
Stu it looks like you've had not a bad day out considering your not on the bike. Gutted i missed you Soof it must of literally been by minutes, which road did you come in on? My buddy binned his 1098S on the way home, completely freak accident. I flicked a stone up and burst his radiator, the fluid leaked out onto his tyre and he lost traction :(. Got some pics wanna see? lol. Dont want to hijack your thread Stu, The only reason i set off back so early was to pick my daughter up but that didnt end up happening :S. By the way i got some decent footage today from the camera i got off you :D

Sounds the business Mac... heres my day.. Im mega impatient.. you can imagine my frustration the third shot is just North of the Drovers pub heading to Crianlarich one of my favourite sections.. its a brilliant uphill section 80 to 120mph then a huge straight with a big right hander at the bottom

View attachment 1363

View attachment 1364

View attachment 1362

This first and second shots are at the start of the Dalmally twisties.. tell you what even in the wet if you know the road a 7 seat shogun is great fun...cleared them in jig time using both sides of the road then caught up with some traffic...

On thru Connel

View attachment 1365

Mission accomplished

View attachment 1366

View attachment 1367

View attachment 1368

Andy with the Blue anorak on ALMOST convinced me to buy that huge lobbie... 60 quid... id had 8 oysters a half lobster and some prawns by then... and couldnt face it... mine for 45... bargain or what...
All in all a frustrating but rewarding day in equal measures...

brilliant stu, some of my favourite roads...... not sure about the seafood tho...... lol

Geez iain , what are the chances of that happening! , hope your mates ok and his bike is fixable.....

I did a 150 miler today. Went up to Devils bridge to meet up with Iain but just missed him. Then did the Yorkshire TT across east and then home. The only downer was all the salt on the roads but a good wash of the bike sorted that one out. Lots of bikes out :), and a fair few camera vans :(. Think I was ok, thanks to a 1200RT who flashed me just in time :).

Were you on the A6108 between middleham and masham around 2pm? I saw a HP4 coming the other way, looked a lot like your bike :)

Cant beat a heads up Soof....

Stu it looks like you've had not a bad day out considering your not on the bike. Gutted i missed you Soof it must of literally been by minutes, which road did you come in on? My buddy binned his 1098S on the way home, completely freak accident. I flicked a stone up and burst his radiator, the fluid leaked out onto his tyre and he lost traction :(. Got some pics wanna see? lol. Dont want to hijack your thread Stu, The only reason i set off back so early was to pick my daughter up but that didnt end up happening :S. By the way i got some decent footage today from the camera i got off you :D

Thats very unlucky. Glad he's ok though. On the bright side, the duc would've broken down at some point anyway ;).

I came up the A65. It was a good run, took about 1 hour 20. I arrived about 11.45 ish. I nearly stopped on the way to text you that I was going to be there but I was in my groove, so to speak, hate stopping when it's flowing ;), and watching all the traffic I've just passed go meandering by.

Seems a few of us were out playing today. Saw a couple of 3rd gen motorsports (of course :) ) at the bridge. Saw an HP4 heading east on the A59 from skipton just after 11am in a group. That was about it.

Latest posts

Back