Noise from chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Pls listen to this noise for me.

Is this noise normal?
How can i fix this?

This bike is new (5 days). I can't wait untill tomorrow to bring it to the dealer.
I want to know what's wrong with it.

Hi everyone, Pls listen to this noise for me. Is this noise normal? How can i fix this? This bike is new (5 days). I can't wait untill tomorrow to bring it to the dealer. I want to know what's wrong with it.

Hi,

If you post a link of some sort to a recording of the noise you are referring to I'll have a listen.

Also please could you start a thread in the welcome section introducing yourself as per the forum rules

Stephen

Beginner, you can't post attachments or links till you've introduced yourself - sorry, thems the rules.

Hey, welcome. No need to take to dealer, just put your finger under the chain on the longest run at the bottom and push up. The chain should move about 30-40 mm.
Didn't think there was much noise there other than the chain running over the guide rail so seems normal to me.

Thank you guys, what a relief.
I was scared its all broken already for a new bike.

Hey, welcome. No need to take to dealer, just put your finger under the chain on the longest run at the bottom and push up. The chain should move about 30-40 mm. Didn't think there was much noise there other than the chain running over the guide rail so seems normal to me.

45-50mm, my bike doesn't sound like that haha

Hi,

I went to the dealer. The mechanics said, the chain was too loose. The chain has been tighten now.
Problem solved. noise is gone. Everything is fine now.

Latest posts

Back