Newbie to Site

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev H

Reaction score
Hi to all. Gen 4 M sport purchased Oct last year after some good years riding on gen 3 (amongst other bikes for 30+ years). Feels more compact for my 6ft 3in frame and more aggressive too (than gen 3). Using it for road, touring (Spain in Jul) and UK (so far) trackdays so will hopefully glean some great info from the community here. Based in N Wiltshire.

Welcome to the forum Kev!

Yea the Gen 4 is rather different to the Gen 3.
Have you given any thought on luggage for the trip to Spain?
What were your favourite experiences onboard the Gen 3?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead with your Gen 4 [emoji41]

Cheers Oli, probably Keiga 30 (possibly add 2 x 10L too) on a Hepco & Becker rear plate. I?ve got a rear seat cowl so not sure if I need to buy a seat to use the parts to fit the plate, or whether the cowl has the same bits needed?
Tank bag, probably wunderlich 10L.
Loved my older Gen 3. Made me feel I could keep pushing the boundaries. Not quite got that feeling with Gen 4?yet. Time will tellI?m sure.

That?ll be a great setup, I used the same on my Gen 3 and it works really well.

The H&B plate is a seat or cowl replacement, so I suspect once you?ve got that you?ll be good to go. On the Gen 3 you had to get a lock on top, but the Gen 4 has all that in the tail unit which is much better.
Probably a good idea to get the H&B extender plates though, as the Gen 4 has a particular small rear end

Back