Newbie! Potential s1000rr owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDJ46

Reaction score
Hi all.

just to say hi, I am from redcar near Middlesbrough and I am about to change my track bike form a Gsxr 1000k6 to hopefully a S1000rr. Decided to join and get some pointers as to what bike I should be looking at as I am sick of people saying the BMW has this fault and that, hopefully you owners can help me out a bit better than this. People normally end their own views on the Beemer by saying....."get a 10r"!!! Hopefully you guys can make my mind up.

My 2011 has had its list of faults, mostly small ones. But I'd never change, best bike I've ever rode.

I went from a K5 1000 to the S1K and my main reason for doing so was because the sales blurb said it was based on the K5, what could be better huh? More power and some extra electronic toys.... I regret 100% changing and I would love to have my K5 back.
I hate it that much i am returning my S1K 14months early next month and at extra cost to me I hate it that much.
I'll be getting something else early next year, preferably with better durability than a paper bag in a rain storm.

Hi matey , assuming your off TDR
Mr Urban has had a downer on his bike since he fell off the fucker going to slowly round knockhill ;)
bike has its fair share of glitches , as does the kawasaki I suppose.
Problem is , its very diificult to get people to post " my bike performed great today"
Reference the ltd gearbox issues i have read about , its difficult to quantify the damage the QS (budget gear assist) effects the smoothness of changes or false neutrals , mines just started to get sticky between 5th-6th when on chat. ( its a classic selector shaft issue. ( ITs lasted 16000 miles on mine)
As per TDR , its still the best sportsbike Ive owned regardless of issues , I am realistic and understand that at the sharp edge of technology we all kind of sign up to be guinea pigs of sorts.....
The old skool my blade did a million miles without fault should have stuck with the olde worlde tech maybe suffering from short term memory loss , I certainly never had one of these bikes that was faultless , in fact i can remeber with great fondness stripping my rusty exup valve down on my R1 and shredding my fingers on it ;)

good luck with your search anyhow

Best bike I have ever ridden, some people have had issues I have not, had two recalls both fixed and did cause me any issues, would not hesitate to buy another one!

Latest posts

Back