Newbie interested in S1000rr next year

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah says its Euro 4 ready - don't know if that differs from compliant, doesn't mention that at all on the UK site, but if it is BMW have done a much better job than Kawasaki at retaining power across the rev. range. So Alex are you saying Rutter/MD/ Hutchy etc should be riding gen1's in Superstock then :surprise:

Yeah says its Euro 4 ready - don't know if that differs from compliant, doesn't mention that at all on the UK site, but if it is BMW have done a much better job than Kawasaki at retaining power across the rev. range. So Alex are you saying Rutter/MD/ Hutchy etc should be riding gen1's in Superstock then :surprise:

Yeah BMW have the jump on the others timewise and retained more power, double win.

And no of course not - but the engines out of the FACTORY are what they are. ZX-10R's are obviously quite sh1t till they are de-restricted. And then they win...

Oh, just checking... :friendly_wink: Anyway even if they do need more poke straight out of the factory we like Kawaskis here..

Thanks again for all the replies guys. The thing that I was looking at the other night was the rain mode setting as I said previously I would definitely start out there until I got comfortable whether that be a month or several I wouldn't mind. The query I have is I have read that the gen 1 had like 167bhp something like that in rain mode with the gen 3 having 184bhp both in rain modes (don't quote me on them figures it's just what I can remember) that being said the gen 3 has apparently smoother delivery so would it be an easier beats to tame on the gen 3 with slightly more bhp or the gen 1? Again great appreciation from members who have both gen experiences is invaluable

Rain mode stops the throttle opening fully and dulls the timing. Hence the lower figures.

My first bike was a CB1R Honda. My 2nd bike was the S1000RR. I have not had any 'moments' because of the power delivery. Power builds linearly, it's predictable. You might want Rain for the first go, but you'll be on Sport/Race by the end of the week.

You're over thinking the power. If you are comfortable and measured in your inputs its all easy. Gen 3 is a better bike, if you can afford one get one.

Rain mode stops the throttle opening fully and dulls the timing. Hence the lower figures.

My first bike was a CB1R Honda. My 2nd bike was the S1000RR. I have not had any 'moments' because of the power delivery. Power builds linearly, it's predictable. You might want Rain for the first go, but you'll be on Sport/Race by the end of the week.

You're over thinking the power. If you are comfortable and measured in your inputs its all easy. Gen 3 is a better bike, if you can afford one get one.

Exactly this. First time out I was in Rain mode, until I'd done the first 40-50 miles and got the tyres scrubbed. Since then it's been in Sport all the time whilst I'm running in. I imagine Race will come once I've got that first service out of the way, though.

The bike is fantastically easy to ride regardless of mode though. No moments, no brown trousers... Just smooth, linear, predictable power when you want it (and actually seemingly in time with throttle input, with no snatch or jerk to the delivery).

That's what I was hoping you would say Alex and Durham which is music to my ears haha. With all this hot weather I wish I wasn't purchasing a house at the end of the year or my money would be straight down the dealers unfortunately I'll have to wait a year but good things come to those who wait hey haha

Mac can I ask a question regarding the differences between gen 2 and 3. Could you fit an auto blipper to the gen 2 to have clutchless down shifts?

You can fit an autoblipper to a gen2, a few of the guys on here have done it and would steer you in the right direction, if you could afford either a gen 2 or 3 I suggest you take a test ride on both before buying

Latest posts

Back