Newbie here!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo.89

Reaction score
Evening people,
Biker mad 27 yr old from the north west with Devils bridge on my doorstep. Bought my S1000RR in December after adding to my Repsol cbr 600 and have never looked back. Currently toying between an 1199 panigale or a HP4. Looking here for advice help and just browse anything BMW
cheers in advance

Hi sambo, welcome to the forum. I'm a bit bias being an HP4 owner ;).... the panigale is a looker but I'd take the reliability and sheer grunt of the hp4 any day.

Hi Sambo, I'm just a huge bit bias but thats cause I can't fit on the Panigale very comfortably, feels a bit too narrow for me. A HP4 Carbon would be a wise investment, the little Hoda 600 is a lot of fun eh?

Welcome to the site and enjoy your browsing.

JimmyMac

Yeah I'm getting the general feeling the Duc is more of a show pony than a HP4! How long have you had yours for? How do I get to create a profile and access to all the groups! Never used a forum so I'm keen to get involved!

Looking to get a few things modified (fairings) done on my S1000RR so I'm hoping people on here are going to point me in the right direction!

Hi jimmy! Yeah the 600 is like a little toy after riding the BMW. It's fantastic fun! Seen a really nice HP4 at a dealer today, now just to persuade the Mrs that it's financially viable to have 3 bikes as I refuse to sell any! 😂

Hi Sambo, I've ridden a 1299s which I though was superb once we got rolling at a decent rate of knots, had a chat with Neil Hodgson about the 1199 at a track day, he reckoned they handled badly and was surprised Ducati launched it as it was. S1000RR's are superb all round bikes and I wouldn't change mine for a Pani, the HP4 is exclusive but if it was my money I'd go for a '15+ gen3

Yeah I'm getting the general feeling the Duc is more of a show pony than a HP4! How long have you had yours for? How do I get to create a profile and access to all the groups! Never used a forum so I'm keen to get involved!

Looking to get a few things modified (fairings) done on my S1000RR so I'm hoping people on here are going to point me in the right direction!

I bought mine new from AJ and it was delivered in July 2013.

You can freely access everything except the premier members area which is for those who pay a sub for membership to keep my yacht fully staffed.

Custom fairings, there's plenty of choice, I bought mine from HK but these days you can get them in the uk.

Welcome to the forum Sambo!

I agree with MacRR re 15+ Gen 3 RR, it'll be a more noticeable "upgrade" than an HP4. That being said, HP4's are exclusive and Panigales have got to be the sexiest looking bikes ever made ;)

Enjoy the excitement, and sometimes frustrating, experience of new bike browsing lol :)

Hi Sambo, welcome. I've a carbon, owned it for 20 moths now. Great machine and a real looker to boot. Like Jimmy I doubt I'll sell mine. May go down a second bike purchase at some point to keep the HP looking fresh and reduce the miles on her, I rack up about 10k P/A on average..

Don't fancy the Duc tbh..I hate that bag of bolts sound..and you can't beat the howl of a 4-1 straight thru can...you will never get that form a V twin..

Stuart

Latest posts

Back