North West Rider

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
Good evening Gents,

Quick background:

Just turned 24, had full licence since 19 (managed to do it before the A2 messing around!)

Booked a test ride at Allan Jefferies this week on an S1000RR (more explained below)

Riding history:
16 - Scoot d'exec (still have)
17 - Honda Varadero 125 (gone)
19 - V Strom 650 (still have, now at 28k miles)
20 - Triumph Daytona 675 (2013 launch edition, sat with 16k miles)
23 - One of the last Daytona 675 2016's (600 miles, just run it in)

During the same time my dads had a K1200GT, Triumph Explorer and had for a while a R1200R '15 exclusive and its a cracking bit of kit showing me the pro's of the technology that BMW uses.

2013 Daytona:
IMG_6071.jpg

2016 Daytona at Devils Bridge

IMG_7392.jpg

Ducati 1299S Panigale at Snetterton, whilst shifting!

Untitled_2.jpg

In March of this year I undertook the Ducati Trackstar event at Snetterton and after a day riding a 1299S I had too much fun!
Managed 5 days at Snett this year juggling my Graduate job, now I'm commuting 80 miles a day mostly on bike due to the traffic encountered.

I'm not as excited with my 2016 Daytona I've just bought & I'm looking at serious options, even though I have all I need to road and track it + 2 sets of spare wheels :fatigue: .

6 Years no claims for biking & the 1299s is ?7,400 / year, managed to get an S1000RR to be 1/7th of that.
As above, looking forward to the test on Friday.

Be will trawling through the forums for opinions, advice and knowledge of the bike.
Be great to see who is in the North West as well

Regards,
Westy

Hi Westy, great introduction, you've done the right thing working up the power of the bikes and doing a track course. You've obviously got your head screwed on right.

A big welcome from me.

JimmyMac

Haha I was going to tell him to watch out for you.... you gave him a great big welcome...and I thought...here whats the catch... Jimmys up to his old tricks again...lol

Stuart

Hi Westy. Welcome to the forum, nice post :).

If you tell AJ you are from the uk s1000rr forum they should look after you a bit more. We have a deal with them to look after members.

Was ?7400 a typo? For annual insurance?
Nope, thats for a new 1299S
A brand new S1000RR is equal to a 2 year old Ducati 1299 base for insurance.. approx 3x the cost of my brand new Daytona 675.
The perks of being young enough to have time to ride one means I have to research insurance properly. Managed to get a 2016 down to ?1,400 for commuting inc pillion fully comp though (6 years no claims, 24 y.o.)

Hi Westy. Welcome to the forum, nice post :).
If you tell AJ you are from the uk s1000rr forum they should look after you a bit more. We have a deal with them to look after members.
Thanks, I shall mention it when I pop in. Hope the weather sticks for it - do you know what the OEM tyres are? Conti Race Attack / Supercorsa SP's?

Good morning all!

Took the test ride yesterday at Allan Jefferies on their black S1000RR (supercorsa's, all extras including HP wheels but without alarm)
Managed 111 miles to Skipton and back with my dad

Delivery of the last red and white S1000RR 2016 is expected in just over two weeks & very much looking forward to it! Thanks for the kind welcome messages.

* Managed 53 degrees on the lean angle sensors, plus more fuel economy then my Daytona impressed with the package of the bike

I saw Simon yesterday at AJ in the morning and he mentioned you were on to getting an sthou. Glad you enjoyed the test and you can now enjoy counting the minutes and seconds to delivery lol.

Welcome to the forum! Real in depth intro. Always nice to see - even coming from a newbie :)

Looking forward to hear your take on owning one of these machines. Outstanding piece of kit in my opinion.

Welcome aboad. Good write up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IMG_8590.jpg

Picked it up yesterday - thats just before I rode off. Have to collect the OEM tyres as I had more winter / uk tyres fitted.
Very happy!

Quick question if anyone can help - is it worth setting up the riders sag for my weight? Asked and was told it wasn't needed though... Reading in the owners manual gives the perception that its set for 85kg so fully kitted up that night not be far off.

Latest posts

Back