New to the UK looking to fulfil my dream and get an S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l0g1k

Reaction score
New to the UK looking to fulfil my dream and get an S1000RR

From South Africa

Had multiple R1's before

Thought I would say hey

Looking for some advice as I have never really looked at the S1000RR before as it was always out my budget, but the missus said she is willing to help me out because she is fudging awesome

So yeah 25 and new-ish to the country looking for some advice and always up to join for rides and meet up and get to know the community, hoping its the same or better than it was back in South Africa as I lived for riding

Hope to be around for a while

Cheers
Kyle

Hi Kyle,
R1's are great but the RR is a better road bike.
Welcome to the UK and to the forum, hope you can call both home in due course.

And yes, shes a keeper!!

Welcome to the forum Kyle!

Great welcome post!

As far as S1000RR's go, all I can say is, is that my Gen 3 15 RR is by far and away the best, and most enjoyed, bike I've owned. Every time I go for a ride, I am blown away, and the buzz I had after the first service has never gone away [emoji16]
The whole ownership experience has been fantastic, from this forum, to my dealer (Cannon's Braintree), and the amazing bike.

Where are you based?

I would recommend you checkout "BeMoto" for insurance, as by all accounts they are excellent.

What RR are you considering, new or used?
What sort of riding do you do primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a fantastic community on here and loads of information.

Hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I am based in London currently, but missus and I are moving out country way to around Dorking so I am looking forward to country roads

Bike will be a weekend rider but also my daily commuter as we both work in London area. Thankfully not central for me.

I am looking at second hand due to limited budget wise so was hoping there would be some good deals on here too.

I have my eye on the basic 2010/2011 models as they are within budget, as soon as we move tot he new design 2012 and up, its just unobtainable at the current situation. I would call it a future bike for sure, but def not for a 25 year old working for things and slowly climbing the corporate ladder but also wanting to start climbing the RR ladder :D

Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy any of the RRs, just don't hold out for endless days of sun like South Africa. :race2_smilie:

i have an r1 and is a great bike (love it tbf) but i have a gen 2 s1krr and its a proper weapon. gl with the buy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When you gents say gen 1/2/3 what were the main changes?

Also did the general bikes come with a d and traction control?

Also is it possible to still buy the slick switch?

Then comes the big question of mods. This can be from carbon panels to PC5 to decats to pipes, dunno, service centres etc would you gents and ladies recommend?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Kyle, welcome to the forum.

Early bikes could be ordered without traction control or abs. Tell tale sign is the lack of abs ring on the front wheel. They are very cheap second hand but I'd steer clear as they will almost certainly spent their life on track.

Gen1 was a little rough around the edges and was the first attempt at a sports bike for BMW. Gen 2 and gen 3 are improvements, if you can get a 2012 onwards gen2 with full dealer history that would be a nice bike to run about on.

Hi Kyle, I picked mine up yesterday. I bought a brand new one ex-demo it has done 400miles and had its service done and also the vital pin fitted for slick and user mode to become available which was only fitted when i picked it up. the best way to go i feel as they are discounted quite nicely. Have fun

Latest posts

Back