New S1000RR on the way

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazibaldi

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just dropped my deposit down on my new 2017 s1000RR today. I'm upgrading from my old Yama-mamma '06 R6. Thought I'd take the opportunity to join the UK community. I'm off to the MotoGP this coming week but looking forward to getting back and getting the new machine.

Is anyone up norf around the Newcastle area? I've got some buddies I usually ride with but might as well upgrade them to a higher class of riders :wink-new:

Good to have you on board - Massive upgrade there - I'm sure your buddies will be green-eyed :)

I'm at Silverstone next week - camping from Wednesday onwards - I'll be the one in the 46 t-shirt - say "hi" if you see me :)

Hey everyone,

Just dropped my deposit down on my new 2017 s1000RR today. I'm upgrading from my old Yama-mamma '06 R6. Thought I'd take the opportunity to join the UK community. I'm off to the MotoGP this coming week but looking forward to getting back and getting the new machine.

Is anyone up norf around the Newcastle area? I've got some buddies I usually ride with but might as well upgrade them to a higher class of riders :wink-new:
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm in Chester-Le-Street. Enjoy MotoGp [emoji106]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys,

Good to have you on board - Massive upgrade there - I'm sure your buddies will be green-eyed :)

I'm at Silverstone next week - camping from Wednesday onwards - I'll be the one in the 46 t-shirt - say "hi" if you see me :)

Good man, we're nipping down on the Wednesday too. Back in the Woodlands campsite this year. Pint and dodgems here I come! I'll be sure to say hello to everyone in a #46 shirt. Bound to be only a couple of folk haha. If you see a fella desperately clinging onto a pint while two fire in their pants toddlers climb all over my head, please come help!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm in Chester-Le-Street. Enjoy MotoGp [emoji106]

Ah I'm just up the road in Stanley. The classiest area of County Durham.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

As Freudi says that's quite the upgrade, I am sure you'll be blown away with your new steed :).

So what sort of riding do you do primarily (road, track, commuting etc)?

Enjoy the forum, the MotoGP, and may you have many happy miles ahead of you on two wheels :)

Oli

Cheers guys,

Good man, we're nipping down on the Wednesday too. Back in the Woodlands campsite this year. Pint and dodgems here I come! I'll be sure to say hello to everyone in a #46 shirt. Bound to be only a couple of folk haha. If you see a fella desperately clinging onto a pint while two fire in their pants toddlers climb all over my head, please come help!

Excellent, a local. I'm on a 2015 in Motorsport colours. What colour have you gone for? Any decent routes from Stanley you could recommend?
Ian [emoji106]

Cheers guys,

Great to see a local! I'm on a 2015 in Motorsport colours. Can you recommend any routes from Stanley to anywhere?
Ian [emoji106]

I've gone for a pre-registered black/graphite. I was looking at 2015 in the motorsport colours, but took a visit to the motorrad dealership and they had a full sport spec '17 for ?600 more so I've took a punt on that. Took the demo mule out for a test ride first. It's a nice refinement of my screaming R6. A little bit of adjustment from the go-kart feel of tipping her into corners at 10krpm, but I'm sure as I get more confident on it that will return.

I adore stuff like the downshift auto blip and the ergos are sublime. Only thing I wasn't massively keen on was the rear brake pedal was extremely low compared to what I'm used. I'll adjust though. It's not as if it gets a ton of use.

I'm not sure I'll use more than 10% of her on the roads though so I think it might time to start getting into track riding. Thinking of doing my advanced license too, to improve myself for the S1k.

Ian, we usually head up Castleside to Wolsingham/Kirby/Barnard Castle routes. My brother is pretty knowledgeable of the roads up there. We just recently did a 600 miler up and around Glen Coe which was great. Scotland is soooo beautiful.

I've gone for a pre-registered black/graphite. I was looking at 2015 in the motorsport colours, but took a visit to the motorrad dealership and they had a full sport spec '17 for ?600 more so I've took a punt on that. Took the demo mule out for a test ride first. It's a nice refinement of my screaming R6. A little bit of adjustment from the go-kart feel of tipping her into corners at 10krpm, but I'm sure as I get more confident on it that will return.

I adore stuff like the downshift auto blip and the ergos are sublime. Only thing I wasn't massively keen on was the rear brake pedal was extremely low compared to what I'm used. I'll adjust though. It's not as if it gets a ton of use.

I'm not sure I'll use more than 10% of her on the roads though so I think it might time to start getting into track riding. Thinking of doing my advanced license too, to improve myself for the S1k.

Ian, we usually head up Castleside to Wolsingham/Kirby/Barnard Castle routes. My brother is pretty knowledgeable of the roads up there. We just recently did a 600 miler up and around Glen Coe which was great. Scotland is soooo beautiful.
Thanks for the route tips. May be worth mentioning the rear brake is applied (not sure by what % page 142 owners manual) when the front brake is used, brilliant feature. I never use the rear brake unless it's raining. Believe me you will marvel at this bike, I previously rode the iconic GSXR1000 K5, which I truly worshipped and loved, however the S1Thou is on another level in every aspect. It is amazing. Enjoy.
If you ever fancy a blast out , let me know. I prefer early evenings, less traffic more fun [emoji106][emoji51]
Ian

Hi mate, Welcome to the forum. Im pretty sure you will enjoy your upgrade from the R6!!

Enjoy the GP, hopefully the weather holds out for you if your taking the bike down!!

Hi mate welcome aboard, great selection of colours on your thou...it's a pretty machine in Black/Graphite, stacks more power than your yam and way less busy on the box... the thou has such a flexible motor all you do is open her up, forget about changing gear, she will just pull nice and clean..hit the upper quartile and it turns into a wild animal..

Enjoy your bike and the forum.

stuart

Latest posts

Back