New lid

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Thanks to various things like a windy day in Glencoe when last year my brand new ?500 Arai RX7 V took a 5 meter trundle along the road thanks to a gust of wind and a recent drop as I was getting on the ferry to Holland I decided to buy a new lid.

Ive always fancied a carbon job and almost pressed the "buy now" buttom last christmas on a 2 and half grand Arai... Im glad I changed my mind. Anyhow time for a new lid and always fancied a Bell... I like the style and its a great fit... doubt its anywhere near the standard of the Arai but for ?400 I think its a decent shout...so picked one up today at J and S Great Western Rd. Looks pretty good I thought.

Stuart
751ddbef82ca89f0adbeb359322d36bd.jpg
c625690be10269235622135cdd0d5ae5.jpg
a087c441fcf5a02741b84a5b6c5e2dae.jpg
75ad3e80b2aa5bd24ea2aa2b83ad2166.jpg
84dd5cb996b31f9d0a0af73d44ac2a64.jpg
c4fba5e121e6586ec45fe2666dd2a88b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Your new lid looks great Stu!
I think Bell are making some great helmets at the moment.

Really like how the red lining contrasts against the CF!

Enjoy your new lid, and fingers crossed this one doesn't take tumbles of any description :)

Your new lid looks great Stu!
I think Bell are making some great helmets at the moment.

Really like how the red lining contrasts against the CF!

Enjoy your new lid, and fingers crossed this one doesn't take tumbles of any description :)
Haha well put Oli.. yea the red and white looks pretty cool

Looks good, I know they are comfy in the shop, looking forward to your feed back after a few rides.

- Sent from Mobile

Very nice, just thinking of buying the Edwards chaser x, 7 helmets just isn't enough.

Cheers lads, well I have my FIRST track session on Wednesday at knockhill.. so will take it along then and give you my opinions therafter. Been wrapped up too much in other things over the weekend, I will have to concentrate and get the manual out for sups settings and look into tyre pressures..

Have no idea what to expect...lol

Cheers lads, well I have my FIRST track session on Wednesday at knockhill.. so will take it along then and give you my opinions therafter. Been wrapped up too much in other things over the weekend, I will have to concentrate and get the manual out for sups settings and look into tyre pressures..

Have no idea what to expect...lol

Just put it in Race mode and put tyres down to 30f/30r, thats plenty for first trackday !!

Without sounding too wrong, you really do have a great looking helmet there Stu.
It was never a brand that I've looked at but I went onto the website and they have some nice designs.
Was that in a sale, I may be getting them mixed up but one similar is about ?1k?
You will love the track day Stu, have fun!

Haha.. cheers tell you what..what a cracking lid..its so comfy. Ill drop a post in reviews thats probably best. The track nite was really great.. took me a few laps to get in to it. The last half an hour I really felt I was getting a handle on some of the corners and was off the brakes a lot less and getting the bike flowing. Heres a couple of pics of the rear. My mates camera is pretty poor so not particularly sharp images. Maybe I can get some opinions on wear. I was running 30f 31r...

My mate Tam binned his R1 at the hairpin. Opened it up too soon and high sided, fractured his hand and blood in urine from the impact but other than that hes fine. So all's. well
500ebb091a85bdc136886159caeca7e1.jpg
6a8c7a0dfbc909561b2535f6202a1581.jpg
07b9f0defa19c13a27e1fbbf4f1a5885.jpg

Glad you had a great time at the track, is that you bitten by the bug now??
Sorry to hear about your mate, that sounds pretty bad and I hope he can put it down to a learning curve and move on from it.

Hey Stu. Love the new lid and good to see you kept it shiny side up at Knockhill! Tyre looks to me like a bit too much pressure causing a little cold tearing, nothing to worry about, but those chicken strips are impressive lol.

Lol. Oi. Ive never been on a track. There was 4 crashes there last night and I made sure i wasnt walking away with a 2 grand repair bill. I was at 31psi on the rear

Lush looking Bell helmet

Might I ask what is that witchcraft on it?
Anti fog visor but I can't see a pin lock?

I need a new race / sports helmet so if Bell have circumnavigated fog-ing that's opened a new door 👍

The visors got a special anti fog treatment Westy... I asked the same thing as soon as the guy took it out the box to be told about the treated visor. I had it on again today and pleased to say my earlier views haven't at all changed.

Its lighter than my Arai by around 200 grames, you can feel the difference in weight immediately.

It feels and looks really well made. It suits me way better than my RX7V. I would advise anyone in the hunt for a quality lid to try one of these on.

Latest posts

Back