Arai RX-7V versus Shoei X-Spirit 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie

Reaction score
Hi all

I am about to get a lid custom painted and need to decide which to get done. I've had Arai's in the past and had given up on them due to broken side pods which are a) a pain when they happen - one was on a motorway in Holland on the way to Assen b) likely to be very inconvenient on a custom painted lid as you cant just buy a replacement to the same pattern. I have a Shoei X-Spirit 2 currently and its been a nice helmet (until I dropped it about 6 feet that is).

I have a large head and find Shoei and Arai are the only makes that really fit me and am tempted to try Arai again now that they seem to have finally admitted their previous visor system was pants by introducing the RX7V.

Do any of you guys have experience of the new Arai's versus the X-Spirit 3?

Cheers

Phil

Arai

Having crashed in Arai helmets on track countless times they are the only brand I will wear. Shoei is an exceptional helmet manufacturer but I trust Arai implicitly as my head has hit the tarmac at speed more than a few times! The side pods on the latest version are in my opinion just as vulnerable. The only thing that has really changed on the latest Arai is the visor locking mechanism and the shell shape.

Odd to find someone that can use either. Usually its one or other. Lucky fella, I only fit Shoei types.

I regard both to be of similar high quality.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

My head is fairly round but large so the manufacturers who so a good range of shell sizes usually work for me (e.g. Arai & Shoei). My last two Arai's have been RX7 RR4s and were very comfy and well made. Its stuff like AGV that will never fit simply because their XLs aren't really that X or L. I will get myself down to a good dealer and try some on I think.
Odd to find someone that can use either. Usually its one or other. Lucky fella, I only fit Shoei types.

I regard both to be of similar high quality.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Helmets

Try and go to either an Arai 5* DNA Centre or Shoei Assured Service Centre. They will be able to provide you with a tailored service which will include finding the right shell size for you and they will be able to fit the correct sized cheek pads etc for a perfect fit. It normally doesn't cost you any extra either.

Latest posts

Back