Helmet Refurb

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
After deciding to buy a new lid. (Bell Carbon) at the end of last season..which btw is BRILL. I refurbed my Arai RX7V.. as some of you know on its maiden flight April 2016..Glen Coe..it decided it could outrun me by around 10 yards which of course it did...500 quids worth of brand new bunnet trundling merrily along the A82 gives you that sort of angry/annoyed/sick feeling.

Considered getting it painted but due to costs and pulling it apart discussed on here, I thought I'll give it to my youngest and also use it as a number 2.

So new chin vent, 2 side pods, visor and pinlock insert..not cheap at well over 100 quid it's back in service. I could greet looking round it still...got some nifty stickers from Turtle might put a couple of them on and jazz it up a wee bit..
7f3e67f08f3d17a90611c03706b82cd3.jpg
2acf6854b8cc329813e4784e09004ff5.jpg
d09e499ccef7d9fcde6d53fcd6e0efd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Didn't know you'd got a Bell Carbon Stuart, need to change my Shark next year - may well go for the same again as it fits perfectly but I do like the look of those Bell's (no good if it doesn't fit of course), what are the visor mechanism, venting and noise levels like?

Alright mate, was looking at the Bell Carbon too..... what’s the sizing like vs other helmets? Not had a Bell before, only AGV and Arai ....cheers

Didn't know you'd got a Bell Carbon Stuart, need to change my Shark next year - may well go for the same again as it fits perfectly but I do like the look of those Bell's (no good if it doesn't fit of course), what are the visor mechanism, venting and noise levels like?

Alright mate, was looking at the Bell Carbon too..... what’s the sizing like vs other helmets? Not had a Bell before, only AGV and Arai ....cheers

Ryte lads, yes I documented on here in August when I bought the Carbon M6, BTW I recently saw them as low as ?299.00 at Xmas, an absolute bargain..think it was J and S , but that is the older model like mine which by the way still looks pretty smart. The new range out are around 5-600 mark, they look really cool.

Bearing in mind I came from the RX 7V, I've been an Arai man for 15 or more years..1 x chaser..1 x Chaser V and then my RX 7v..and one before those, can't mind which model it was tbh.. for me anyhow I thought the RX7V was very draughty, I ride upright a lot being reasonably tall and the wind drag of the V was a pain in the neck (No pun intended). So with those two things in mind I ended up buying the carbon... it's light, fits like a glove, not at all draughty and I am not aware of any increase in noise levels through the rev range, it's looks cracking too. Visors are miles cheaper than the Arai..?35 quid v ?70 plus Pinlock, the Bell's visor is treated so no pinlock required. I just saw a my lids dark visor on EB for ?23.00..

If I were you I would certainly try one in the shop.. it's down to preference but for me it's so good having a lid that eradicates the two main reasons I wanted to change.., it wasn't till I had a few blasts out on my bike that I realised how much I hated my Arai. The inner a lovely deep red and grey in colour and you get a proper bag to carry it in..easily one of my best purchases for my bike in a long time.

Phil, me and you chatted about it way back lolol.. it's an age thing my man

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11199-New-lid&highlight=bell+helmet

I stated that I possibly it wasn't as good a standard of lid than my Arai.. I renounce that comment... I think it's actually a better lid, certainly for me anyhow..

Here's a good write up from 2014..rated 3rd out of the top ten Carbon Lids at the time.

http://www.superbike.co.uk/product-reviews/superbike-magazines-top-10-carbon-fibre-helmets/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back