New bike time...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Reaction score
Having been on the s1k's for last 10 years I took the plunge and split my gen3 for parts, and went with a blade again, had blades for 7 years prior to the bm's, and the latest ones in stock form, on paper at least, look awesome, so thought **** it, why not. I've built this up from a chassis+engine, I usually strip a bike first before I build it so was a bit of learning curve as there are no workshop manuals for the sc82 yet. Luckily I'm friendly with Jackson racing who have helped me when I got stuck a couple of things. Full HRC package(ECU, electrics etc) and I took the complete front end off my s1k to graft onto the blade, I loved the maxton/brembo set up in the BM. Took a little bit of engineering but again, know a man that can ( Mick shanley, honda wsbk cheif engineer). So first outing at Jerez in a couple of weeks, be interesting to see how I go on it after so long in the beemer. Hopefully haven't made a huge mistake...

IMG-20230312-WA0000.jpeg.
IMG-20230312-WA0004.jpeg

I'm interested to see what the result is. Hope you get on well with it as no one likes wasting money. Hope you'll come back from Jerez and give a comprehensive review.

i'll give a detailed report, or just a simple lap time comparison. :)

1 thing so far, the HRC settings are a lot more comprenhsive than the RCK3 (i assume the gen4 has moved forward also?) but with that, means a lot more complicated ,lot more to learn, a lot easier to fcuk up!!

Latest posts

Back