My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe datatag comes as standard fit. That's what one dealer told me, another dealer said they'd through it in like it was a freebie. Your better off asking your dealer.

It's has to be a freebie, can't see dealers giving them for free ,took me a month of asking for a tank pad before they said yes ha

Finally got out on mine today and did 100 miles. Managed to just stick to the recommended 7k for most of it and look forward to increasing that after a few more runs.
It can be frustrating sticking to a set limit! Anyway, bike rode well and tips in brilliantly but didn't want to do too much with the new supercorsas and not being on a bike for 6 months, but I can see the lean angle being addictive and was looking at that as well as the speedo and got it to 45/43 lol
Im not the tallest (5"6) and my legs felt a little tight on the pegs during the ride but this will change the more I get on it but I'd hate to think what a 6" plus person would be like.
All in all it's shaping up nicely and will be glad when I get full power.
Happy days :triumphant:

ss

Finally got out on mine today and did 100 miles. Managed to just stick to the recommended 7k for most of it and look forward to increasing that after a few more runs.
It can be frustrating sticking to a set limit! Anyway, bike rode well and tips in brilliantly but didn't want to do too much with the new supercorsas and not being on a bike for 6 months, but I can see the lean angle being addictive and was looking at that as well as the speedo and got it to 45/43 lol
Im not the tallest (5"6) and my legs felt a little tight on the pegs during the ride but this will change the more I get on it but I'd hate to think what a 6" plus person would be like.
All in all it's shaping up nicely and will be glad when I get full power.
Happy days :triumphant:
Cool Loupe :adoration: I haven't been out this weekend due to it being so F...... cold down south. You lucky lot up north lol.

Hi all,
Got my new 1000 rr last Friday and I've been out on it this weekend and covered 300 miles so far. I have found no problems with the wiring loom round the headstock and hits both lockstops without trapping the wiring. Seems all held in very tight with two clips and two tie wraps. Find it a little high compared to the demonstrator in Alan Jeffries where I could get both feet on the floor whereas on mine I'm on tiptoes. Have not had chance to fully read the manual but I'm sure it will tell me how to adjust the suspension I there. The chain is very slack but says should have 4 to 5 cms of play which looks really bad but that's what it says! Here are a couple of pics of me out on it.

Dean

URL=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/markrc45/media/image.jpg1_zpsoqqikk6c.jpg.html]
image.jpg1_zpsoqqikk6c.jpg
[/URL]

URL=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/markrc45/media/image.jpg2_zpsq1rglrlq.jpg.html]
image.jpg2_zpsq1rglrlq.jpg
[/URL]

Looks great flatstick, mine is ok for height, marginally lower than the blade for my wee legs:moody:

Managed to get out on mine this morning, 100+ miles around Matlock and the peak district, i haven't found any faults whatsoever with the new bike, the quickshifter around 4k rpm 1st 2nd 3rd 4th is so smooth. Has anyone replaced the exhaust yet, if so do you still get the poppin and farty when rollin of the throttle like the standard can, never thought i'd say this but i 'm starting to quite like the standard one, is anyone else. I absolutely love the new bike and how itvrides.

Yep was out on mine on Saturday after it was delivered. It was bye bye Fireblade, hello Beemer. The bike is fantastic, bloody love it so yes I'll be keeping the standard can on it for now, certainly get noticed by those around when rolling off the throttle. Can certainly say the chain is well greased though, what a pain cleaning that off the back wheel.

Reading the hand book about the grear shift assist, it says that in a low gear, at high revs and steady speed BMW Motoradd recommend shifting using the clutch, exactly what does this mean?

Reading the hand book about the grear shift assist, it says that in a low gear, at high revs and steady speed BMW Motoradd recommend shifting using the clutch, exactly what does this mean?
It means use the clutch instead of the gear shift Assist, it used to say dont use gear assist near or at max revs.

Enjoy your new bike.

Cheers Phil, so basically clutch it if it's being hammered. I didn't even touch the 7k mark when I was out on its first 50mile jaunt so no danger there then.

Its the high revs but not accelerating that's key ie...holding the bike at 10k rpm...use the clutch.

If you're accelerating GSA will work.

I took mine for its first decent run on Sunday and just about doubled the mileage, with 420 now done. It was my first opportunity to ride it on roads that were dry, if very cold. I can't fault it in any way. It's so smooth and stable compared to my previous GSXR. My run included the Boyne Valley and I had to stop for the obligatory snaps:

Liking the black. Prefer those wheels as well over my cast hoops.

Latest posts

Back