My 1st S1000RR has Arrived!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDPDesign

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Travelled over to the dealer to get my new bike yesterday. It is a pre-registered 2014 model S1000RR Sport in red. I was tempted for the new model, but with the discount I got on this pre-reg (31/12/14) I couldn't say no...

I've done about 150 miles on it so far and I'm quite amazed how responsive it is. I've read all over how it is the definitive bike etc... but didn't really believe it until I twisted the throttle... Only disappointment is the restrictor, but I'll soon get the 600 miles done. The first service was thrown in with the deal so quite pleased with that.

I'll definitely need some adjustable rearsets as I can't quite get comfortable. I've been ordering all sorts of bits and pieces, some I'll fit, some I'll get rid of if I don't like them. I've found a set of Akra headers online that I'm after, this combined with a racefit exhaust will make it the business... Can't wait!

First job is getting G-Techniq Crystal Serum and EXO applied to stop any small scratches appearing. Also get the F1 product to the underside of the tail to stop rubber etc... sticking to the fairings. It's amazing stuff.

I was really close to a deal on a new ZX10R, and also a 14 plate RC8R, but I'm pleased I went with the S1000RR.. I'd upload a photo but I've not worked that bit out yet!

Hi, congrats on the bike.

What's the F1 stuff?

best way to put up pics is use photobucket free and links.

Congrats- just picked up my 15 model at the weekend. "Responsive" is actually the word that really sticks in my mind.

Hi, congrats on the bike.

What's the F1 stuff?

best way to put up pics is use photobucket free and links.

Its a special type of paint protection that you can have professionally applied. Force India F1 used it last year and it proved itself. Only certain detainers can get hold of the product as if it is applied incorrectly you have to wet sand to remove it. Google GTechniq and you will see....

Finally had the GTechniq EXO and Crystal serum applied. The finish on the wheels is like glass! Best thing I've ever done. So easy to clean and any crud just wipes off. If anyone wants info on the stuff let me know. Its certainly something you don't want to diy apply though. :)

You can buy and apply the g-techniq C1 and exo yourself, it's a good product and will do more or less the same as the crystal serum but wont last as long.

One thing I wouldn't recommend is applying Crystal Serum yourself. If you get it wrong, the only way to get it off is to wet sand it... The guy I use is mobile and covers the whole country, even works in the USA coating private aircraft. His name is Adam Wright, his web site is http://www.finestdetail.co.uk/ - may be worth trying him if you want yours doing...

One thing I wouldn't recommend is applying Crystal Serum yourself. If you get it wrong, the only way to get it off is to wet sand it...
I've heard the same thing. I've had a quote of ?150, which is a bit more than I was expecting. BUT I ride it almost every day, so I think it'll be worth while in the long run.

Latest posts

Back