Motul 300v

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else, but, I've now read enough comments on line with regards to 300V which tell me that unless I am going to change it after every use then it's probably not the most ideal choice.

BMW seem to have, unofficially, decided it's not good and are factoring its use into warranty claims.

I'm just raising this and suggesting that if you use it, DYOR but don't just use it blindly. It was my go to oil. I've decided it will never go in my K67.

Motul 300V

It?s absolutely fine for race and trackday use if you change oil frequently. For a road bike which only sees the occasional trackday there are far more suitable, and cheaper, oils out there.

Race maybe, but trackdays utterly pointless, especially if warranties are not being honoured because of it.
But anyway its your choice.

Last edited:
Ill say i was never a motul fan.
Bought a husky 450 mx race bike. Only had 300v and got given 2 drums with sale.

I used castrol power1 race in bikes. Ran out and thought ohh ill just stick in 300v and see.

Castrol after a 3 day event looked and felt knackered. 300v fine.

Any race bike iv tryed you can double the change interval with 300v. But that means 6 race days. So low mileage

Road bike id probably go back to castrol power 1 race

Latest posts

Back