Locked in 5th gear.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Adam

Reaction score
Hi,

Just back from a track day in Almeria and unfortunately my 2012 s1000rr had an issue on the back straight.
Bike changed down from 6th into 5th then seem to lock there not allowing to go down the box. It happed twice, however after a short stop it was OK again. Decided to pack up at that point!!
Has anyone had the same issue?

Cheers,
Scott

Somebody technical will be along shortly - but I think you've sheared a pin off the selector. Gearbox needs to come out, part replaced.

i dont know the correct name of the part but im just changing mine.:). the shift select shaft, well the sprung part on the end of it which is part of it. just whip the clutch out and you should see your problem. fairly easy job if its the same problem as mine.

Thanks to all for the responses. The gear seem to stay solid in 5th, not spongy, didn't matter how hard I tried to get it into 4th it didn't move.
I had the selector star out last year as replaced the detent spring and the selector star for a newer stronger one from Prime Factors bmw.

Will pull the clutch and see what's what.

Thanks again.

I know that back straight well. High speed flat out in 5th down to 2nd......ouch if you run on.

That's the one, full on Nutella moment!! And i did it twice just to make sure.
I did wonder if clutch was the issue as the upsthifts where spot on, only after downshifting from 6th into 5th?

Back