Lind BMW Norwich to close

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Edit by Alex: The formatting went to hell so I've stripped it all...

AN UPDATE FROM LIND.

We wish to inform our customers that Lind Motorrad Norwich will cease trading after January 31st 2024. This decision has not come lightly and has come after a period of serious consideration and time navigating business through these tough economic conditions.
We?d like to thank all of our customers throughout the many years we?ve been operating from our Ber Street site. Our years of success would not have been possible without you. Our team are still here to help over the coming weeks and we continue to operate ?business as normal? until our last trading day.
If you have a motorcycle on order or a current workshop booking our team will be in touch to advise more details. After our last trading day our team will still be available to help, please contact our team at our Welwyn Garden City location on 01707 324249.
Should you have any questions or wish to speak to a member of the team please don?t hesitate to contact us, we?re here to help.

Thank you for your understanding and loyalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: News?

Yeah, I got the mail earlier, sad times. Not sure what's happened to the team. I now have to travel to Suffolk as a minimum for a service.

Yes the owner. he is very sharp man. I know him and nearly ended up working with him at his new Porsche center in Norfolk.

There will be a reason why and he is a bike fanatic. I also wonder if he is selling up as most big car groups are being snapped up by American Investors.

Bikes sales have crashed - even GSs. Yamaha is looking to go on line only, so where this puts PDIs, servicing etc. Lord only knows. Bet Lind is cashing chips before the glut. I just hope North Oxford and Wollaston stay around

Yes the owner. he is very sharp man. I know him and nearly ended up working with him at his new Porsche center in Norfolk.

There will be a reason why and he is a bike fanatic. I also wonder if he is selling up as most big car groups are being snapped up by American Investors.
The owner or Russ, as us former employees called him 😂, is indeed a very sharp man and he has a very good board around him.

I’ve sat in enough board meeting with him and the senior management team to know (rightly so), he’s only interested in the number in the bottom right hand corner of the reports.

It would be fair to say he’s not a bike fanatic at all, he’s a “whatever makes money” fanatic. Luckily for us, it happened to be BMW Motorrad at the beginning which gave me 9 awesome years working at Ber St. I for one am sorry to see them go and I hope they all find alternative employment very soon. The decision to close will not have come easy for Russ as he’s a people person and would always make time for all of his staff whenever he visited site.

It’s worth pointing out also, he’s not selling anything. It’s just that site is closing. He still has three other Harley dealers and BMW Motorrad over at Welwyn.

LIND NORWICH CLOSING DOWN SALE SATURDAY 27th JAN
Just had an e-mail about this. Might be worth a visit if near Norwich.

Attachments

• Closing down sale.jpg
    Closing down sale.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
Surely they will just transfer all the good stuff to their other motorrad dealership?
Chester Motorrad converted to KTM last year and they did a sale of BMW stuff a couple of weeks ago but there didn't seem to be that much there

Surely they will just transfer all the good stuff to their other motorrad dealership?
Chester Motorrad converted to KTM last year and they did a sale of BMW stuff a couple of weeks ago but there didn't seem to be that much there
True that, Colin. Especially if owner is such a good businessman as others have said.

Reminds me of a clothes shop in Glasgow that had a “closing down sale” sign for about 20 years.

Latest posts

Back