left hand switch gear.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derwyn

Reaction score
Just a quicky guys. What tool is it to loosen the LH switch gear so i can rotate it a little?

I forgot to check before I left he house and I wont see the bike for a few days.

Cheers!

from what i can see of them you cant... its all screwed together and another long screw straight through the grip and bar...

Cheers! It was my first ride on her the other day and i kept hitting the menu rocker switch everytime i went for the indicator.

Ill be most upset if i cant adjust the bugger :)

Just a quicky guys. What tool is it to loosen the LH switch gear so i can rotate it a little?

I forgot to check before I left he house and I wont see the bike for a few days.

Cheers!

it doesn't rotate, its held on with a screw that goes thu the grip and bar. You may be able to adjust the the whole lot by loosening and then rotating the whole assembly not just the grip and switch gear.

but if you did that it would mean having to drill another hole through the bars for the bolt to go through...

inside the switch gear....

2014-02-26095610.jpg

Thanks lads. Appreciate your time! Well i guess i will just have to get used to it!

Cheers!

Am I missing the point here ? Can i not just rotate the clip on till the switch gear is in a sweeter spot? Are the bars straight?

I will be home tomorrow so I can check.

D.

the grip clips into the switch gear which in turn has a bolt straight through it and the bars...so to move the switch would mean drilling another hole for the bolt hole where my thumb is holding the grip back....

And the service manual says not to open the switchgear as there's a risk of damage to the sealed circuit boards. You'll need a T8 torx btw:)
Also, note there's a little plastic cover on the opposite side of the switch from the grip. Its held on by 2 tabs. Lift these and it'll pop off. You are then supposed to release the 2 mini wiring connectors to expose the end of the plastic grip tube tab. Press that and the grip should pop out assuming you have undone the bolt already mention in a previous post. You can then drill a new hole through the clip on, re-assemble and job done, you have now rotated the switch to a new position. Yeah, good luck, especially with those mini wiring connectors.
Probably best living with it!

Latest posts

Back