Lead time on a new bike?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
How long have some of you guys waited after ordering a brand new RR?

It will depend on the spec and if one is already built if so it can be a matter of days. The factory is not making S1000rr at the moment due to the Euro 4 emissions.

BMW S1000RR Sport

I ordered my 2015 BMW S1000RR Sport in October 2014 having only seen the BMW press images prior to its launch at the Intermot Show that year. I then had to wait until March 2015 for my full specification bike to be delivered.

Would have to be a full spec bike in motorsport colours, although the colour choices don't seem great.

Couldn't wait so bought a 1 month old bike in March '15 and saved a grand too

Ordered mine in January 15 after seeing it at the NEC in November and picked it up in May.

BMW S1000RR Sport

This was the first bike I've ever purchased without test riding, or actually physically seeing, prior to ordering. I'm also glad I ticked all the option boxes, including the HP forged wheels, as if I hadn't I certainly would have regretted it. With hindsight it was perhaps a bit of a gamble but it was certainly well worth the 6 month wait.

A little irrelevant now but, in March 2010 New bikes were being ordered for delivery earliest late June although in reality that meant July. I did not want to wait as I had a Ring course planned in late May, I bought a cancelled order bike in Black. Cannons BMW had 9 M/Sport in the showroom all sold and my Black one unsold until I decided to snap it up :adoration:

I have just taken delivery of mine, I understand it was one of the very last new ones in the dealer network before the model change. Mine is RR Sport, Motorsport colours, Performance pack, Pillion pack and the beautiful forged wheels - oh so expensive but oh so lovely!!
IMG_1972.JPG

Ordered mine in July and got it within a week. Motorsport with everything bar the forged wheels

Ordered mine yesterday evening

Two found in the UK network unregistered; red with white & a black - last of the S1000RR before Euro 4 as production is on a freeze. Every extra on both (hp wheels, anti theft alarm etc)

As of 5pm yesterday its now down to one in Black ready built (i.e. cowl / footpegs option not available) & no choice of tyre. Delivery estimated under two weeks.

Latest posts

Back