just ordered a HM quickshifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
I find that the standard shift assist not that good on some shifts its fine and others it seems to take an age especily at high RPM so i have taken the plunge and purchased an HM Quicker shiffter Plus

Is it totally independent, or does it plug into the loom? Interested myself at some stage, as I've occasionally felt the standard one a wee bitty clumsy...

plugs straight into the loom apparently, its a bit fiddley though as it needs to be pluged into all 8 injectors local dealer HM dealer has quoted me £75 to fit

Last edited:
Ah - gotcha. Kinda meant to ask if it was a straight swap, with one plug, for the standard shift assist. When you have to start putting intermediate plugs in between injector plugs, I'm less interested. Assume it's completely necessary though as the timing is done independent of the bikes ECU - wonder if the standard response can be tuned...

plugs straight into the loom apparently, its a bit fiddley though as it needs to be pluged into all 8 injectors local dealer HM dealer has quoted me £75 to fit

Connects to battery and 8 injectors, easy to fit. Gives you custom adjustability on sensitivity and cut time.
Makes a difference
Worth it in my opinion.

Davy

My HM is set to

Sensitivity 50
Delay time 65ms

Just for reference
Davy

the standard one can't be tuned at all and it is not a strain gage shiffter just a microswitch the hm one comes with an LCD panel to program it see here

http://www.hmquickshifter.com/products/product.php?id=59

Standard quick shifter can be tuned with a stiffer indent spring, (factory pro) this will give you faster shifts I was going to get it done was but was advised that the standard one was fine. Now when a vendor tells me that. I trust he knows he has done himself out of a job and a few quid. I suppose some are better than others. My 2010 was ok, some fast some slow, but my 2011 is bang on the money every time.

Cheers

Don’t want a war here but;

kill time can't be adjusted on the stock shifter and I found it very clumsy at high RPM it was not bad between 8-10K range, however now my shift time is now 60ms and I can tell you it’s so smooth at high RPM compared to stock one you don’t even feel it change it just keeps accelerating . A stiffer of softer spring is nowhere near as adjustable as a strain gage shifter you get what you pay for.

I have heard the Factory Pro spring causes premature wear in the box as well.

My QS is clumsy under 7000 (not really designed to be used at lower revs anyway) but absolutely flawless there after right up to redline.

The HM shifter runs its own sub loom that you plug into all the injectors and an earth point, you can set cut time, they are very positive and you don't feel any movement that you have with the standard shifter. The kill time can easily be adjusted but 65ms is the norm.

hi everyone, sorry for starting up an old thread but what settings work best on the hm plus with the stock sets?

hi everyone, sorry for starting up an old thread but what settings work best on the hm plus with the stock sets?
kill on contract
60 milliseconds kill time
try between 60-70 for sensitivity it's a personal choice

Same as Ross, standard qs low down revs not so good but high up faultless. Bought one for my race bike mainly to improve short shifting but found it not as good as the standard one, changed it back. Just my 2cents worth.....

Latest posts

Back