John O?Groats to Lands End

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travers91

Reaction score
Thought I would pop some pictures up, started In Brighton at 2 in the morning with one goal of riding to John O?Groats in one day.

Made it to the boarder by 10.30

d0f0c1c75234c3b14231d9c06566924e.jpg

Then another few hours, and in the rain, up to the top of Scotland.

b7d2f5bc2cc6acee7275c163b2c19d5c.jpg

Gotta say the A9 is a brilliant road up there, plenty of bends that you can chuck it into!!

Camped up for the night in a tent pretty much next to the sign post!

9b2a5e215ae3c8da4777baa4239c01fc.jpg

Next day we made our way past Loch Ness, and fort William and through to Loch Lomond where we camped over again for the night, the roads were also amazingly quiet and stunning views!

ceb7519c37f00dac437844a98354c32d.jpg

After that it was a ride down to Cheddar Gorge, stayed at a party camp site and sunk a few beers.

The next morning was a quick ride down to Lands End!

b468e5852bfb4dd32115da9598c6296d.jpg

c76649ac21eae11204025f2c84e6af3c.jpg

And then back up to Newquay for our final night camping out with a few other mates who were in the area on their own travels.

All in all we covered 2034 miles!

Nice trip, aching a bit doing it on the S1000rr but worth while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton to John O?Groats was around 764 from memory! Thought we would smash the big miles in one day!

Brand new Bridgestone S21 fitted for the trip, little to no visible wear on them at all, got rid of the chicken strips too! Really impressed with them so far!

Last edited:
Yeah feeling it a bit!!!

Next trip is Norway and the arctic circle.

Not sure if il manage that one on the S1000rr so going to weigh up the options next year.

Nordkapp must be on the cards then...GS for that one I'd say..

Thats a shit load of miles in a few days on your UK blast...camping too ! Were you in the SAS ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Would be a real accomplishment to do it on the s thou!

Haha, who dares wins!

Was back to work the following day, need another holiday just to rest my back [emoji23]

That is one epic trip, more Rally than tour, superb!

Lol you need a pre ride holiday to prepare mind and body, followed by a post ride holiday to repair said body!

- Oli

Rated, very impressed, especially on the RR.

I suppose the limiting factor was the range, whilst frustrating , must have been a chance to stretch the legs.

Kudos for setting up camp.

I?d want a massage (ideally with a happy ending if it was still working) after that feat.

Around 130 to a tank when the light came on, so plenty of opportunities to stop and fill up along the way.

We just wanted to crack on so only 10 minutes and then back to it.

Really enjoyed the camping part, would certainly do it again, just need to build a luggage rack for the s1rr [emoji23]

Last edited:
Yeah camped for 5 days in Scotland a few months ago on the RR.

Took all the ultralight stuff from cycle touring , so managed to get the whole lot neatly into the Kriega US combo 40.

Had a 10 on the tank which had capacity to pick up food & beer near the site.

Literally rode until I was tired & Googled a nearby site. The sense of freedom was amazing, coupled with the weather.

My favourite site by a country mile was Kinloch on the Isle of Skye.
The views are still engraved on my retinas.
Breathtaking.

Literally rode until I was tired & Googled a nearby site. The sense of freedom was amazing, coupled with the weather.

The views are still engraved on my retinas.
Breathtaking.

A true traveller, very addictive when you realise how life could be.

JimmyMac

Completely agree, my daily life is so structured & time focused with many commitments. Most elements of surprise in business tend to be negative or challenging ones.

The trip was truly liberating. Folk on the campsites would ask where I was heading the next day and the honest answer was I don?t know. The previous year was dictated by Airbnb bookings.

I?m very comfortable with my own company & love solo travel. I found I actually ended up engaging & speaking to more people than in pairs or groups.

This was just 5 days in Scotland.. Can only imagine what it would feel like to replicate this for longer periods , further afield.

Latest posts

Back