Holiday: Sun 23rd July to Mon 31st July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Hi all... that's me back in the land of the living after 2 weeks odd of hell.

Our holiday to Europe was a disaster... combination of really bad food poisoning which started the day before we left (thanks to Shawarma King's) Glasgow and horrendous weather.... anyhow I'll condense this as much as I can......

On Saturday 22nd I was in Glasgow picking up some last minute thing's, I thought it was a good idea getting a Falafel wrap from the outlet named above as i've bought from there before and the grub is fine, I called my holiday mate Andy who was working and asked him if he wanted one too, needless to say !... so off I went, picked up a Lamb and a Chicken Falafel, drove back to Dumbarton and both of us scoffed them. All good....so far...till around 6pm.then it started. I was up and down to the bog all night, talk about a ring stinger...holy ****.

Anyhow Andy turns up at my place an hour late on the Sunday morning, I took one look at him...he was gray, covered in sweat, rattling like a junkie on a major come down, he looked as bad as I felt...he like me never got much sleep on the Saturday... what a start to the holiday.

Anyway long story short...made it to Newcastle in plenty of time..despite stopping about 4 times to go to the bog...the shit was pouring out of us, fuckin gallons of the stuff. Got the boat to Amsterdam, got off the boat on the Monday morning and started our descent into Germany 1st stop Heidelberg... 10 miles into it we were soaked to the skin...waterproofs were pretty much useless as the rain was bouncing down, it was that bad we had to get off the autobhan twice as it was simply too dangerous to ride in it, it didn't seem to bother these looney Merc and big Audi drivers blasting past us at way over 100 mph even with the rain 3 inches deep in places...the temperature was 14c freezing...I was miserable. We eventually got to Heidelberg at 6pm, freezing, soaked and ill as anything.

Our days consisted off riding to the next place, getting off the bikes...soaked...shower then into bed..that was basically it Monday thru Friday. I had nothing to eat for 5 days...and could barely keep any water down. Anyhow if I knew just how bad I was going to be I wouldn't have gone... it was a nightmare.

So got home last Monday and it took me till Friday there just to start feeling a bit better and get my strength back, that's why I haven't been online, I just couldn't face recounting this story.

Anyhow all is good, feeling way better, mind you I could do with a week in Spain, lying about getting cooked in the sun lol... so what's been happening on here then chaps ?

Stuart

FFS Stuart , that's absolutely rotten luck mate. Definitely a holiday to forget then. Weather not been great here either , another poor Scottish summer. Glad you're feeling a bit better , maybe get a catch up sometime if the weathers good ����

Thanks Duncan, it was a disaster......funnily enough on the Monday about half way down to Heidelberg we pulled into yet another Autobhan services and my kid had sent me a whatsapp image of her sitting round the back of my house...it was scorching 23c or thereabouts...lol I sent her a couple of images of the weather outside where we were, she thought I was winding her up...

You couldn't make it up !... yeah mate I'd love a wee blast out someplace if the weather improves...even this weekend. I haven't looked yet at the forecast... maybe if it's decent we can hook up with some other lads.

Sounds proper miserable but kudos for the strength of will to get up each morning and go again.

What a nightmare Stu, all the planning,money and rare time off wasted.
Hope you can do it again at a later date.
Stick to a Greggs greasy pie for dinner next time, less chance of a dodgy stomach :dread:

Shit gutted for ya Stu it seems you got battered at every turn mate. On a brighter note just means you'll have to do a bit more planning and do it again but this time further south.. [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey it's a good story to laugh about in years to come.

I hindsight Stu, my passport, bank card and baby wipe luggage advice was spot on, lol.

Seriously though, glad you made it through all the crap so to speak.

Welcome home buddy.

JimmyMac

I feel for you Stu, not nice being ill, especially when your away and even more so when your away on ya bike.

On the bright side you didnt break down, crash and you lived to tell the tale, Shit appens lol

Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan Stu, I once had the shits on a Le Mans trip - not good in 1 piece leathers!! Pleased to hear you're getting over it

What a nightmare Stu, all the planning,money and rare time off wasted.
Hope you can do it again at a later date.
Stick to a Greggs greasy pie for dinner next time, less chance of a dodgy stomach :dread:
Haha mate. Your bang on the money with the time off thing Paul. I hadnt a holiday in over 2 years... it was just bad luck all round...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I hindsight Stu, my passport, bank card and baby wipe luggage advice was spot on, lol.

Seriously though, glad you made it through all the crap so to speak.

Welcome home buddy.

JimmyMac
Awwwww. now thats more like it my friend from Fife... [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back