Jerking and snatch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipperfish

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Jerking and snatchy throttle that is...... Now that I've got your attention I took my '15 RR to the dealer as I felt that the throttle was not quite right, but I couldn't communicate it very well, and the dealer reported back that they couldn't find any problems.
Anyway roll forward to this morning and on my commute I had to filter between almost stationary traffic and dropped down to about 17-18mph in first.
Doing this (I tried the same on my way home with cruise control on too) makes the bike intermittently snatchy.

I'm not sure whether I'm now paranoid and just searching for a snatchy throttle or it's a real issue.... any input or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Taanks

Have you checked that your chain and clutch cable are within the correct adjustment?

Might be a myth but I was told to set the clutch cable when the engine was cold. When the engine is warm the gap increases by a few mm. whenever I experience roughness or the shifter not changing, 9 out of 10 it's the clutch cable of chain out of spec.

Enjoy the XR, I am sure you will love it!

Back