Insurance - getting silly quotes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So, far I have ?1800 for the opening quote.

Modifications declared, all the security in the world.

Sucks balls

I guess you're going on one of the comparison sites and adding / taking off modifications to see whats causing the problem?

London + Modifications + Superbike.

Woo got it down to 700. That'll do.

Bennetts.

Last edited:
I guess you're going on one of the comparison sites and adding / taking off modifications to see whats causing the problem?

No comparison sites used btw...this is calling up and spending 30mins with each detailing it all...urgh - no site can handle my mods list.
Sent photo's in the end too.

Ah, I assume you took the day off work then Alex....! ?700 not too bad all things considered

Modifications declared, all the security in the world.

Generally you get a 10% discount for having some form of approved security, and no more no matter how much security you have or how good it is. The danger with declaring all this security is that if you don't use it when your bike is stolen, the insurance company is likely to use it to shaft you. I only declare the factory immobiliser as I can't not use it (other than leaving the keys in the ignition, which would get me shafted anyway).

As regards silly quotes, one company quoted me ?616 fully comp and ?9307 third party fire and theft.

Generally you get a 10% discount for having some form of approved security, and no more no matter how much security you have or how good it is. The danger with declaring all this security is that if you don't use it when your bike is stolen, the insurance company is likely to use it to shaft you. I only declare the factory immobiliser as I can't not use it (other than leaving the keys in the ignition, which would get me shafted anyway).

As regards silly quotes, one company quoted me ?616 fully comp and ?9307 third party fire and theft.

Thanks for the pointer. The only thing on there that's a bit optional from a security standpoint is the Almax chain - I take a lighter one (13mm) when out and about and use the 16mm at home. I'll ask about removing that specific tomorrow - ran out of time today.

I would jump at the 700 alex , I am less that half that with a ban on my licence and no security........ bloody London.......

I would jump at the 700 alex , I am less that half that with a ban on my licence and no security........ bloody London.......

I am! It was 664 without the loading by paying by month. I'll be much happier knowing its all covered and above board.

definitely mate, it's s@#t that we are legally bound to pay these robbing b's....... and if you ever have to make a claim they pump you anyway.....

I like the fact that 24/7 security guards and steel gates are less secure than a garage...makes no sense

Latest posts

Back