HP4 Owner to be on Saturday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MiKyHuT

Hi Guys, I sat on an HP4 back in november 2012 and loved it but at the time i was waiting delivery of a Panigale Tricolore, bit of regret in my mind but the Panigale looked much nicer at the show so i didnt give it too much though. Anyway, after a year and a half of struggling to ride the panigale, i have gone and bought an HP4. only time will tell if its any better for me but just sitting on the HP4, i can see its going to be miles better. Anyway, i walked into a dealership last saturday and they had a HP4 carbon sat there as a cancelled order, couldnt believe my luck, had to have it so snapped it up. Looking forward to Saturday! lots of reading of this forum to do in the meantime!

Welcome,

a mate had a S1K then bought a Panigale and wishes he kept the S1K, lovely to look at but not to ride apparently.

based in south west scotland, very close to the border. Aparently the dealers arent allowed to advertise new bikes they have in stock so i was just very lucky to find it sat there. think it had only just been cancelled that morning though. I went in looking for a test ride on a S1Krr with the hope of liking it and hunting for a HP4. didnt get a test ride on an S1K but got the HP4. haha.the panigale is stunning, and my one has all the fancy bits, thats why im not selling it, it looks to good in the house over the winter. Its just not nice to ride, hurts the knees and the wrists too much, sat very on top of the bike, not in it and the power delivery gives no confidence, its probably too much bike for me in all honesty and i just dont have the balls to pin it open, my mate flys by me on his blade on the straights but i can catch him in the corners then he is gone again.

So SW Scotland would put you in the Galloway area? Nice part of the world to own a bike. Stayed at Moffat a few times and toured around those parts. Often go up around Kielder etc. Take it easy on Saturday.

you are correct. only 10-15 minute from moffat. great road from there up towards Edinburgh, the A701 with the beeftub corners. we are very lucky in this area. my favourite road is actually between Dumfries & Dalbeattie. very fast with lots of good corners.

you are correct. only 10-15 minute from moffat. great road from there up towards Edinburgh, the A701 with the beeftub corners. we are very lucky in this area. my favourite road is actually between Dumfries & Dalbeattie. very fast with lots of good corners.

Am I right in thinking that A701 has a name locally, cant recall, the ...... run ?

The other road I loved up there was the Selkirk to Moffat one.

hmmm, it might do but i know it as the Beef tub. Aye, the A708 (the grey mares tail), they have just resurfaced that one i think as it was getting pretty rough. havent been on that road this year but it is lovely, goes past st marys loch. really are spoilt up here!

Welcome hope you enjoy your HP4, I'm sure you will, it's very easy to ride, but don't be fooled it's got some power.

Welcome mate, you won't regret the hp4 , it was a toss up for me either the panigale or s1000rr, went in the dealers and didn't have a s1000 rr but had a hp4 carbon cancelled order, said I'll think about it, left dealers went over to ducati dealers, tried panigale then straight back and bought the HP4, awesome to ride and very comfortable

Good tuff, that's what I wanted to hear. keeping the panigale also so will be able to directly compare the two. the HP4 felt like a much longer sitting position, arms were far too under me on the panigale.

Cheers for all the welcomes, hopefully it will be ready for a Saturday collection and I can get some pictures of the two of them in a nice layby somewhere.

c

Good tuff, that's what I wanted to hear. keeping the panigale also so will be able to directly compare the two. the HP4 felt like a much longer sitting position, arms were far too under me on the panigale.

Cheers for all the welcomes, hopefully it will be ready for a Saturday collection and I can get some pictures of the two of them in a nice layby somewhere.

c

I have Panigale R on the road and 2012 S1k on the track. I can say that the S1k is much easier to ride and go fast on, due to this it gives loads of confidence. I would say the S1k is a better road bike (and some would argue a better track bike).
The best way for me to describe the Panigale is - it's not easy to ride, deff not a beginners bike. It changes direction quicker, gearbox (change) and brakes are better than S1k. It's difficult around town due to having to be in 2nd gear, any higher and it's labouring. It gets much better the faster you go but it's not as confidence inspiring as the S1k. It feels like its always wanting to do something, accelerate/brake/turn, just purring along isn't it's strong point.
I love the adjustability of the Pani and I'm sure it will help on the track. but I'll know more once I've had it on the track. The looks of the Pani are much better (in my opinion) I love it, as I love the S1k. Both just very different bikes.

Davy

S1k on track at Almeria last year.
http://youtu.be/dlhzihyd3XY

Being followed by Simmo at Catalunya this year
http://youtu.be/54UUS6fX-Cg

Back