Highest mileage seen on an S1000RR ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

he-be-gb

Reaction score
As title guys( 'n gals).. what is the highest mileage anybody has , or has heard of on the S100RR please - any particular necessary replacement parts at the higher mileages .. Many thanks, GB.

18500 , and nope , star selector should probably be replaced , though it only manifested itself as an issue above 12K

just under 19000 on my Oct 2012 bike, third service ?977 though, they did change the fork oil and front wheel bearings as well and under warranty a new clutch plate and basket as the damping assembly had failed.

?977??? Is that for a standard 3rd service (what gets done?) or is it related to the mileage...or you just being unlucky? My bike gets its 3rd service in 2 months, by which time it might be at 10.5/11,000 miles....

Mines in for its 6000 service tomorrow. Mileage will be 6600 by the time I get to the dealers. Only got mine in April as well!

?977??? Is that for a standard 3rd service (what gets done?) or is it related to the mileage...or you just being unlucky? My bike gets its 3rd service in 2 months, by which time it might be at 10.5/11,000 miles....
thats about right. Fork strip and service as well as valve service.

Sorry for delay in reply Andy - yes, keeping S1000 for trips/ touring and a newer bike soon for racing/ track days ...
Reason for question was ....in the course of work I have come across an ex Thames Valley Police ( plain / undercover) S1000rr, black 2011 model with 72,000 yes , 72thousand miles on it ! Awesome . Pics to follow ( and no - I am most definitely not plod)....!

Last edited:
I don't think you'll have much issue with that one graham. Have you spoken to your local bmw service guy about service interval scheduled on high mileages like that. I seem to remember there is a big one around 45-50k but that should have been done. Ex police stuff is usually well maintained.

Andy - its not of interest to me ( purchase wise ) , just spotted it and was mightily impressed, as I say - I shall follow up with some pics as it has stood up very well to the use over that mileage..!

Andy - its not of interest to me ( purchase wise ) , just spotted it and was mightily impressed, as I say - I shall follow up with some pics as it has stood up very well to the use over that mileage..!

Ok gotcha, my misunderstanding, thought you were looking at it for the track bike role.

Latest posts

Back