HID Kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone fitted one to an S1000RR yet? Have a HIDS4U kit on my gixxer but it has a micro ballast. The BMW needs the Canbus kit and ballast looks a lot bulkier, and theres not much room to play with!

I put hids on my 2015 s1000rr
had to buy can us error free ones
and fitted them on inner fairings,not ideal but the only place I could fit them

I had the canbus HID's on my previous RT tourer from HIDS4U. They were a waste of money as in two years I went through four bulbs (2 on each side). The ballast also went wrong with water ingress. The light is no better than stock and I also got fed up with people flashing me as they thought I had my lights on full beam. When I flashed back with full beam to show I was on dipped they would turn theirs on to full beam in retaliation. I think what they are good at though is catching your eye as the colour seems to change in the distance. When I have been driving in the car the HID lights always seem to shine in your rear view mirror and catch your attention.

I've had mine on 2 years never been flashed never changed a bulb or a ballast!!
and u say no better than standard? Are u mental? There 100 percent better light

Which kit did you buy ? I have a hid kit in my r1 but im not sure i can swap over as the r1 has projecters. Best mod i did on it and want to do the same with my rr

I have them on all 3 of my bikes
1 s1000rr
and 2 cbr900rrs
best upgrade I ever did,ballasts can be a pain if u get bad ones but personally I've had no problems from any of them
all of them are ordinary headlights not projectors

I got a set from theretrofitsource.com in the U.S. 4 years ago, transferred them to the new bike. Never an issue, superb light and the retrofit guys really know their stuff and offer good advice and high quality product IMO.

I've had mine on 2 years never been flashed never changed a bulb or a ballast!!
and u say no better than standard? Are u mental? There 100 percent better light

Maybe I have just been unlucky. Yes they were brighter to look at but I found they didn't project and light up the road any better. I would be interested to know what people have used and had succes with as they cost me a lot of money to buy and get fitted etc. They certainly do help you to be seen easier on the road so that has to be a good thing.

I never meant to cause offence but all the hids I've had so far have been far superior light for road use
the only down side is that they take time to warm up ,so flasher is a bit muted

I never meant to cause offence but all the hids I've had so far have been far superior light for road use
the only down side is that they take time to warm up ,so flasher is a bit muted
totally agree. I only fit to the main beam, not the high/flash as flash just does not work. Is exacerbated by the canbus delay

My hids are now on from my r1. Far better than oem. Not to bad fitting tbf (once i worked out where i was putting the ballasts). Had more hassle with the led side lights

Finally worked out how to knock off the bulb failure warning on my dash due to fitting the leds. Happy boy now

Latest posts

Back