Hi from newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
Hi all, i have just (8 weeks ago) purchased a 2010 S1000RR which was pretty much standard other than a full Arrow system fitted, i have just had over to TW suspension tech to have the suspension set for my weight, i have also installed a quick action throttle. Over the years I have had a TZR125, NSR250SP, GSXR1100M, 99 R1, 954 Blade, 10 year absence from bikes then 2 years ago I had 04 R1 for 6 months and now the BM. I did loads of track days on my 99 R1 and then did some racing on the 954 blade, I was quite handy but certainly not great, spent most of my time falling off :)

I will get this BM sorted just the way I like em, on my wish list is a new set of tyres, probably super corse's, PCV is needed, I would like a clear screen double bubble, looking at getting a full carbon belly pan ... i think they look nice, and would really like to get the fork internals replaced and a new rear shock one day.

I will post an issue in the technical areas for a problem I have found today which I guess I am not the first to have, whilst sorting the QA throttle, I had my clutch lever adjust and also the gear change adjust as well. I asked my mate to adjust the newish chain because it had slack and the observant git noticed the rear sprocket has a lot of play, why he decided to waggle it I do not know but he' a good mechanic and noticed the sprocket carrier bushes are worn, the bike has only done 9,700miles so not loads of miles?? anyway this needs sorting, I know I can contact my local dealer on Monday looking for help on this but loads of searches today looking for uprated polyurethane jobless has been a waste of time, I have found nothing at all? surely someone sells uprated cush drive rubbers? bloody sprocket is waggling about which is adding to poor throttle application after being off the gas and trying to roll on the gas again, its quite jury, I know tensioning the chain and adding a PCV will help but the knackered cush drive rubbers will not be helping at all.

So anyway hi :) I am really loving the bike just a few niggles to sort and then I will be a lot happier

Cheers
Lee.

You may get away with adjusting the suspension. I set minne on comfort setting and adjusted from there. Pretty good. Pcv is worth getting mapped. Rosso corsas are good too

Hi Lee, welcome to the site from another bluenose.

Hope you enjoy your bike, is it for road use or are you racing it?

JimmyMac

Hi Lee
Welcome aboard
I too have a first generation and the only thing I hate is the throttle you have to turn it so far it kills my hand very interested to hear how your getting on with the quick action

So just came back from a Sunday blast around the Lakes and over to Devils Bridges, bloody on/off throttle response is a bloody nightmare, i know my chain needs tensioning but this is bad, i think the cush drive rubbers need changing quick and hopefully it makes it a lot better, if not it will have to be a PCV.

The bike suspension changes are a HUGE improvement, but it can still starts to get itself in knots when changing direction at speed, My 04 R1 with Maxton internals was better. The quick action throttle (Accassato) is a great upgrade, well happy with that :)

Must say wow these things are bloody quick!! a quick stab on the quick action throttle and it leaps forward, brilliant :)

thinking this is just for road, may end up doing a track day... but must resist!! :) lol

Ive come from an 04 r1 so i know what you are saying. The cushdrive thing is a proper pain, like i say ive gone through 2 sets in 9k miles just road riding.
As for suspension set up that was trickier. The r1 loved turning in on its nose. Ok it had ohlins rear shock but after a little fettling the 5vy handled great. I struggled with the front of the beamer , a) its very neutral turning in very "flat" but i had major issues with it being twitchy and coming back at me very quickly not breeding any confidence in the front. I changed to a rounder profile tyre (sportsmart 2s) whuch helped but i swapped out the forks for a set of bitubos which totally transformed the front end. Hope this helps. (Just road riding with this bike)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi soofsayer :)

powders, interested in the eccentric shock mounting you mentioned, i will have a look at this, ta.

pof, yep its the Bitubo internals and rear shock i was looking to move over too, just trying to workout if i can get it 95% right (including my rider input) without spending bucks to get it spot on, I am only road riding too so I suppose it should be good enough as it is??

Will contact local BM shop tomorrow about the cush drives and see how i get on.

loving the bike though, must say the arrow system sounds brilliant :)

I know kylex on here sorts out the bitubo stuff as well so you can always message him for help on set up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

im a toffee mate, everton fan :) just for road ........for now, if i think i can summon up the pace from years back you never know, but i am 45 now so wont bounce as well :)

Latest posts

Back