Help--- vds code

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
Just tried to start my bike and it's showing a vds error code and won't start
I've googled it and it's a vertical drop sensor but I haven't dropped it
Anyone know where it's located on bike
Or any other help would be much appreciated

Just tried to start my bike and it's showing a vds error code and won't start
I've googled it and it's a vertical drop sensor but I haven't dropped it
Anyone know where it's located on bike
Or any other help would be much appreciated
I had this a few times recently on my 2015 after the bike had been parked on a steepish slope....i just turned ignition off, put the bike on level ground and restarted without any problem. Have you had the bike parked on a gradient? .....or maybe you're just leaning the bike over too far in the corners?! :star::encouragement:

I wouldn't worry about it unless its a persistent issue ;)

I wish , hasn't stopped raining here since Dec
I've found the sensor disconnected it and still won't start
Checked fuses ,they seem ok
Also charged battery for a little while think that's ok too
I've had to phone my local bmw dealer and he's just picked my bike up ( my ins breakdown has to be 1 mile from my house , bugger !!! )
hoping it's something cheap and quick to fix but doubt I'll be that lucky

Battery seems to be a common culprit (from a Goolge), even charging it might not help if it's gone. You need to see 12.4v min.

I wish , hasn't stopped raining here since Dec
I've found the sensor disconnected it and still won't start
Checked fuses ,they seem ok
Also charged battery for a little while think that's ok too
I've had to phone my local bmw dealer and he's just picked my bike up ( my ins breakdown has to be 1 mile from my house , bugger !!! )
hoping it's something cheap and quick to fix but doubt I'll be that lucky
Ahh ok...i'd take a wild guess at the sensor being faulty and no doubt it needs to be connected for the bike to start?? Please could you update us once you get feedback from your dealer? I'm interested to know the cause just in case mine starts playing up again :-/ cheers and good luck!

They've just been back in touch to say it's not the sensor they think it's a wiring problem but have to investigate further
The bikes ecu is not communicating with their computer
I'll keep you all posted if I hear anymore

Someone on the s1000rrforum.com had the exact same scenario. I believe the ECU ended up getting changed!

Well it's sorted and I have it back
Turns out it was a wire that comes from the ecu that had somehow been worn away. Only thing they could do was solder in a new length.
Now the bad news.... €367 ouch !!!
Bit rich for a piece of wire, said it took 10 hours in labour to find it
There's goes the new can I was saving for

Glad you got it sorted Powders. i feel for you having to pay that but must be a relief to know they found it and its not going to be one of those ongoing problems!

Well it's sorted and I have it back
Turns out it was a wire that comes from the ecu that had somehow been worn away. Only thing they could do was solder in a new length.
Now the bad news.... ?367 ouch !!!
Bit rich for a piece of wire, said it took 10 hours in labour to find it
There's goes the new can I was saving for
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for updating us ;) .....shame about the labour cost but my dealer charges ?50 per hour labour so could have been worse i guess! :-/

i have a same problem..are you sure its only worn a wire?i mean its wire to DME?
thanks..

Glad you got it sorted mate. Did you get a chance to help sam out?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back