Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

/dev/null

Reaction score
New member here, just joined and hoping to learn some good info about the S1000RR.

I just ordered a 2023 bike in red, expecting delivery in march-april. This is going to be my first modern bike with advanced electronics. I've been riding a 954 Fireblade for the last 10+ years, and other bikes before that.

Welcome to the forum /dev/null,

Delighted to hear that you have invested in a new bike, you're going to love this! It's a friendly bunch of folks here, very helpful and always inquisitive about what you might do with your bike or bike issues you might have overcome. With your username I'm guessing you're in IT Systems and telling you to use the advanced search function in the top right hand side would be a mild insult, but non intended.

So introduce yourself a little more, have a poke around to see what you can find as useful on the forum. Ask any questions and qualify your need so that others can be of maximum assistance to you.

Where are you based in the World? What sort of riding do you intend to use your new weapon for? Road/Track/Both and whether Leisure or Commute/both and did you also decide to hang onto your 954 Fireblade too?

Regards

Steve aka MrSmooth

Welcome. I am wondering if you've had issues with that username before? Maybe you could try SELECT from * too?

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Denmark, the Copenhagen area.

I ordered the S1000RR in pretty much the base configuration, with the DDC package. We have a registration tax for motorized vehicles here, 130% with a small deductible. Which means that most "normal" motorcycles and cars cost about twice as much here as in other countries if you want to use them on the road. I had to pay about ?39.000 for this bike.

The tax structure means that if you want to ride on track, you keep a separate track bike and don't register it for road use (and don't pay the crazy tax). There aren't any good tracks nearby anyway. I have taken my 954 on track a few times, to some of the tracks in southern Sweden.

I considered a few other bikes before ordering the BMW. The Panigale is a beautiful bike and very capable, but $$$. The CBR1000-RRRR is by all accounts a very capable track bike but doesn't have the BMW's low down grunt for the road. And it's small and rather cramped and I'm tall. I think that the Kwak is ugly, and I don't need a better reason than that to reject it as an option :-D. The GSXR is old tech and the R1 doesn't appeal to me.
So that was basically my train of thought.

I'm going to keep my old 954. I wouldn't get a significant amount of money out of selling it and I've grown quite fond of the old girl. I still think it's one of the best looking bikes ever made by Honda, maybe only second to the RC30.

Here's a couple of pictures from a few years back.

It's a US model, a color scheme rarely seen in Europe as it wasn't sold here. The previous owner bought it while living in Arizona and moved it over here, where I bought it some time later, in 2010.

YkghsoZ.jpg

MFFx4LN.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Denmark, the Copenhagen area.

I ordered the S1000RR in pretty much the base configuration, with the DDC package. We have a registration tax for motorized vehicles here, 130% with a small deductible. Which means that most "normal" motorcycles and cars cost about twice as much here as in other countries if you want to use them on the road. I had to pay about ?39.000 for this bike.

The tax structure means that if you want to ride on track, you keep a separate track bike and don't register it for road use (and don't pay the crazy tax). There aren't any good tracks nearby anyway. I have taken my 954 on track a few times, to some of the tracks in southern Sweden.

Strangely, I was watching a documentary last night on bridges. This particular one was in Copenhagen which leads me into realising it's geared up more for cyclists so presumably why its heavy tax for motorised vehicles?

One of my regrets, had this for 5 years and really shouldn't have sold it.. welcome aboard, any questions fire away !..

S...
8e6f29ddc15da81c645082c0f5706ed2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Just curious about the high tax you have to pay on a bike in Denmark. Is it an annual/yearly road licence tax or a one off tax based upon the purchase price of the bike? Does the next owner have to pay the same tax too, when you eventually sell the bike?

One day we'll all be able to buy our bikes at the US $ price without the prohibitive sales taxes added. Although in the US, I know you have to pay the dealer additional and serious sums of money to get the bike on the road. My friend bought an second-hand RSV4 in the US and paid an additional 15 plus % of the asking price to get it on the road in Houston, Texas.

Latest posts

Back