Hello from the edge of Epping Forest

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash700

Reaction score
Hello to everyone on the S1000RR Forum.co.uk

I'm based in Woodford Green and am relatively new to the area, so still tend to get lost when I go out. I've got my name stitched into the back of my collar just in case :-\ I've only been here a little over two years and am still finding my way around, and trying to find decent roads. I moved up from Wrotham Heath in Kent, which I know a million times better and still miss Kent's sweeping countryside, great village pubs and the roads. To be fair though, Wrotham is further away from London than Woodford is and already deeper into the sticks. it's ok here in Essex, just a bit flat by comparison... and where are all the decent motorcycle dealers???

I've found a few places dotted around and, as my other half is from the area she often points me in the general direction too. Hopefully, I will get the chance to come along on some of the organised rides and I'm sure that others will also give me some guidance re roads and places to go. The way I familiarised myself with Kent was just to go out and ride, but it's always more fun when your not on your tod!

Happy and safe S1000RR riding to all.

Regards

Ash

Welcome along Ash, good to see yet another Essex based owner (I might have to move ;)).
Keep an eye on the meets section, I think there is going to be a rideout this Saturday (?), I am usually up for a ride out but have work this weekend.

Loads of good roads not far from you ie Ongar then B184 to Finchingfield and any road out of Finchingfield ;D

I dont mind showing you around...

Phil

Another Essex lad? Dear lord what is it with Essex and S1Rs?

Anyway, welcome to the forum. :D

Thanks for the warm welcomes, they are appreciated. Just need some warm weather now. Thanks Phil, I may just take you up on your offer; most of my biking mates are still in Kent, and on the other is of that dreaded bridge (not too bad on a bike though).

I've heard that Finchinfield is a popular spot and have driven through it, but never ridden there on the bike yet. My other half has her horse up in Dunmow area, and her sister lives in Bardfield, so I'm slowly getting the hang of the area, but have no idea which are the best roads. Just looking forward to riding on them...

Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm sure we can meet up soon and show you some nice routes :)

I'm working in Wood Green, down Lordship Lane dead opposite the Mecca bingo. Did see a S1R in motorsports colour and the rider had a back pack on whilst there, was it you? :)

Anyway enjoy the site and see you soon,

Cheers Rich

Latest posts

Back